Haltech interceptors

Bennoz

Petrol Sniffer
First Name
Ben
Drive
Mitsubishi FTO
blackvr said:
Not having much luck with my platinum Haltech interceptor ! Cant seem to get the crank sensor signal to talk to the Interceptor . I've wired up quite a few Haltechs, but this one has me stumped. Just cant get a rpm signal, and I'm using a base map that has been used on another Legnum VR4.
Bit frustrating...

Strange.... I've got one (admittedly its a Platinum Sport standalone) but it was quite happy to talk to the factory crank angle sensor.. dodgy sensor maybe?

Hotwire said:
If you are buying second hand, then you would want to get the tuning cable and software too. If you're not getting them, contact Haltec about obtaining them. If your buying new it should come with them too!

The ECU manager software is free to download from the Haltech website (http://www.haltech.com/downloads/interceptor/interceptor_v1.08.zip) & the cable is simply a USB printer cable (type A to type B USB) :)

blackvr

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mike
Drive
Vr4 Aspec
Strange.... I've got one (admittedly its a Platinum Sport standalone) but it was quite happy to talk to the factory crank angle sensor.. dodgy sensor maybe?

The ECU manager software is free to download from the Haltech website (http://www.haltech.com/downloads/interceptor/interceptor_v1.08.zip) & the cable is simply a USB printer cable (type A to type B USB) :)

Ahhh... its brand new in the box. On my laptop I can watch the load signal working if I bypass the crank signal digital ins and outs. I just cant get a rpm signal even playing with thresh holds. I've got a .imp calibration map from a working Legnum from interstate off a colleague.

Hey I've wired and tuned heaps of these interceptors over the years. This ones got me stumped ! Its not supposed to be this hard!

blackvr

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Mike
Drive
Vr4 Aspec
Update. This is real parallel 5th dimension stuff. After almost giving up on getting the interceptor to work with a crank signal... I had a cup of tea, turned off my laptop and started to pack up. I then had an idea, fired up the laptop, reloaded the program amd bingo, the Legnum started. That was a surprise when I had been watching the load signal varying on the Haltech screen after bypassing the crank signal.

Apart from the laptop, nothing else changed ! Well that is a first considering the number of Haltech interceptors I've done. At least it works... onto the rollers tomorrow and sort out those rich AFR's under high boost. Still, it was a fair waste of a day, when it normally only takes an hour or so !

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Still, it was a fair waste of a day, when it normally only takes an hour or so !

Not really, you fixed it! Just because you don't know what "it" was is irrelevant!:D

sanchez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
rodrigo
Drive
legnum
Yeh I have had mine sitting round for about a year I guess but mine came with a m-f serial cable.... I'm checking this out with my iPhone at the moment, does the haltech site have a version for vista these days? Or is it still only up to XP?

Top Bottom