Help install intercooler..

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Sorry to ask for help again, but I've bought a intercooler kit from ivan (stage two+ and trans cooler) but my mechanic isn't too keen on installing it for me becuase his never had to pull a bumper off one before and said it would be a lot easier for somone with knowledge and who has done it before... So is anyone willing to give me a hand.. I know it's a big job so I have no worries what so ever paying for your time to help me..

I'm in the Blacktown area, and work shift work so shouldn't be too hard to fit a time in..

Thanks alot guys!!

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
It really isn't that hard. I cannot believe a mechanic can't work it out....

Ivan's kit will fit like a glove so you won't have to worry bout that.

Just take your time and do one thing at a time. There is a guide on hear on with the tricks to remove the front bar.

My advice? Give it a go yourself, and if there is someone willing to lend a hand..... Bonus!

JUSTCRUZN

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
michael
Drive
98 Legnum VR4
bumper isnt hard to remove, me and a mate had the front bar and lights out in bout 5mins. when i installed my HID kit, and that was the first time i have ever taken a bumper off lol

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Haha okay then. It's not that he wouldn't try it, just that he would prefer to not do it..

I would give it a go just wouldn't have any idea about the trans cooler or oil cooler. I'm sure I'd be right to do the rest. Might just tell him to suck it up and do it.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Don't forget, you should have some power steering fluid handy as you will more than likely lose a bit. If you do have a friend, do a flush while you are at it, just for the hell of it.

Zild

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
Dont break any of the nipples off of your power steering reservoir and then seal it up with silicone and jam the return hose back through the top...
like i did...

>_>

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
...my mechanic isn't too keen on installing it for me becuase his never had to pull a bumper off one before and said it would be a lot easier for somone with knowledge and who has done it before...

Dude, time to find a new mechanic! And when you do it yourself, just remember to take the bolts out from behind the number plate.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
A mechanic that's afraid to pull off a front bumper? Wtf is he doing in the trade?

If you haven't figured it out already, I may be free on a weekend to give you a hand.

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Not so much that his afraid but he said it would take him longer then he thought. I did take it too him on a Sunday so yeah he just didn't wanna do I I guess. Don't worry I won't be goig back.

Yeah I haven't had a real chance to have a look since but if you could help me this weekend that would be awesome! If you can't it's all good and I'll play around with it..

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
bring a six pack and I'll do it hehehe

hmmmm...vr4 barbie at my place......maybe? LOL

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
i'm free all day Saturday so since you have my email, drop me an email and I will give you my home address. I prefer to start in the morning though.

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
No worries! Thanks alot! I'll send an email now!!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Which reminds me to mention;

When the hell are we having the home mechanics day????? Sounds like we should all rock up at Gorgs' house for a VR4 BBQ !

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Which reminds me to mention;

When the hell are we having the home mechanics day????? Sounds like we should all rock up at Gorgs' house for a VR4 BBQ !

LOL, that can be arrange hehehe. don't have a proper bbq though, I have this little round webber bbq which will do the job.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Can I come for lulz?

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
just finished installing intercooler, trannny and power steering cooler to Ben's car.

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
Thanks alot Irwin! I really appreciate it and if theirs anyhing I can do to help you then call or email me! Crash bar did go on without a problem although it was the coolside pipes that gave us the biggest problems.. Couldn't get the first pipe on and he rest didn't fit much better, but Irwin powered through it and we got their in the end! Car is different now, think I can feel more torque and I think it's more responsive and changes gears alot cleaner now, although i haven't drivin it much so only time will tell!

I have some pictures but they will have to wait till tomorrow.Bed time for now!

Top Bottom