Help me please - I'm stranded!

G

Unregistered
0.9 bar (13 psi) is getting up near the limits before fuel cut, if you had spiking it could push it over the edge. A properly tuned EBC shouldn't spike when accelerating in gear, but with the automatic trannys I found they will spike 2 or 3 psi over your set boost on the gear changes and there's nothing you can do about it. Lower gears won't build as much boost, but 3rd onwards could be a problem. Even if unrelated, it's something to think about as you get used to owning the car.

So you must have an aftermarket boost controller on there, is it a mechanical or electronic one and do you know what make/brand? And it sounds like you have a boost gauge too, that will be handy for sorting out any issues.

I know it sounds too obvious, but when the tranny was out the mechanic probably disconnected heaps of pipes and electronics to gain access. If something wasn't put back on properly it could of worked or blown loose in the few days that you've been boosting about town. :)

Stuii

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Stuart Lowe
Drive
Mint ass Legnum!
Thanks for your help scottie! all seems sorted - at least till the next instaqllment of this saga...

can someone with an safc2 tune please let me know what you KnK settings are?

G

Unregistered
Good result I say, no more cash outlaid and you probably learnt a few things too.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Thats great news Stuii, maybe now you can drive your car and get that aching face syndrome, legnumitis from all the grinning. :D:D:D

Top Bottom