Still price is pretty reasonable i think, I'm getting a set

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Sorry I haven't updated my progress I had to have an operation on my leg so it's put me of work for 2 months anyway I've got pistons ordered so they should be here in a week or 2 then it's off to the machinist to get everything done hopefully by the time I get it ask back I should be sweet to start assembling and getting back to work

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Good news pistons arrived today so tomorrow im going to measure them and make sure they are right then it's off to the machine shop and hopefyully I'll have everything else by then to assemble and do some checks :)
20140903_153021.jpg

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
These are the 9.5:1 Comp ratio correct? also very good to see you have got 0.5mm oversize not stock bore pistons. will allow your engine builder to correctly set piston to bore clearance.

are you going to have the squish lip machined off and then deck the block and or heads to bring the compression up to 10:1 or higher? or just run the 9.5:1

noting that RB20DET's are 9:1 Comp stock so if you are running E85 you can easily go higher with no worries.

Also I would be very intrested to see what the piston to valve clearance is compared to a 8.5:1 CR engine once your engine is done.

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
They are 9.75:1which is a bit of a weird ratio but is what they make do I went with it but yeah I was aiming for 10.5:1 but My over all goal is to get 300 to 320 on e85 do you think it could handle say 20 psi of boost on e 85 without having pre ignition issues and knocks? I'm going td04 13l route and trotty is going to do all nesasary piping so I can get that boost easily I just don't know if I want to get it to the point where it needs methanol injection or something like that all to make that power because it is my daily still
daily driving in just going to run like 7 psi and 98 pump which should be fine with that cr and have flex fuel

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
I mean anything can be done I just haven't seen big power builds on v6s is not the most common thing but mind you that's why I'm interested in doing it lol

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
They are 9.75:1which is a bit of a weird ratio but is what they make do I went with it but yeah I was aiming for 10.5:1 but My over all goal is to get 300 to 320 on e85 do you think it could handle say 20 psi of boost on e 85 without having pre ignition issues and knocks? I'm going td04 13l route and trotty is going to do all nesasary piping so I can get that boost easily I just don't know if I want to get it to the point where it needs methanol injection or something like that all to make that power because it is my daily still
daily driving in just going to run like 7 psi and 98 pump which should be fine with that cr and have flex fuel

you can make 320 on regular pump gas on a stock bottom end with 13T TD04's!
but yeah Id be peeling a bit off the block/heads to get it up to at least 10:1 if you are going to flex fuel it. as long as your tuner is good should be safe to run low boost on 98RON and be responsive as all because of the compression. and then when you start pumping some E85 or pure Eth into it wick the boost up and it will boogie real well!

I mean anything can be done I just haven't seen big power builds on v6s is not the most common thing but mind you that's why I'm interested in doing it lol

uhh VR38DETT from R35 GTR?

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Yeah didn't really think about the VR38DETT

320kw on 98ron nice I haven't seen the results from many of the td04 upgrades but looking at that 350 should be a decent figure to hit
ohh and Steve_tme is tuning it I wouldn't trust anyone else lol

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
350 will probably be pretty near the limit of how much air those 13T's can push but I dont see why you wont be able to get there

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
U could always use the -15t or the biggest 19t would flow 350easy

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
or 20T's
but if he only wants 350 why not stick to smaller turbos for better response
Just suggested the larger so they are not as for out of efficiency range. I personally am not aiming that high, and would rather a little loss uptop for better response down low.

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
I've got a 2011 Nissan Skyline 370GT which has the VQ37VHR engine in it. It's an NA 3.7l v6 that puts out 325hp..

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Yeah I want really expecting that much anyway I was happy with anything around 300 but I wouldn't go any bigger with the turbos I want to try to keep it still responsive as possible
is still my daily driver abs I might do some track days Ave hit the drags but I'm not going to do anything more than that really so going bigger with turbos and everything is a waste I'll never use it

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
I think most will have trouble handling 300awkw. Will be a wicked weekend/daily. I've got 210 and it's good fun.

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Yeah its going to be fun to drive lol just have to wait for more e85 on pump out this way and I will be set

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
I've got a 2011 Nissan Skyline 370GT which has the VQ37VHR engine in it. It's an NA 3.7l v6 that puts out 325hp..
thats horsepower at the engine. not killowatts at the wheels which I had assumed what we all meant by the numbers being spoken?

sideburns

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dave
Drive
Legnum s2 Vr4
Honda dc2 integra
Yeah I figured that was hp at the engine still isn't too bad for that tho

Top Bottom