Idler Pulley (MD179597)

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Hey all. I have my car booked in tomorrow for its major service and i have sourced the main bits needed for the timing belt and water pump replacement from Bill @ Ralliart NZ (Great service & price BTW:bigsmile:) but unfortunatley he was out of stock of the Idler Pulley. Now the problem i have, apart from leaving it too late, is that there is none of this part available with Mitsi here in AUS (so i've been told by Mitsi).
Does any one know of an aftermarket equivalent?
Also, can you tell if the pulley/bearing is shot and would even need replacing?
Thanks.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Trev, I think you've got bugger-all chance of finding a new one by tomorrow. The upside is the bearings in your pulley are unlikely to fail, replacing the pulleys is just a precaution (although a sensible one - if a cam pulley bearing fails the belt will slip, which is just as bad as it snapping).

So either don't change it and be 98% confident it will be ok, or if you KNOW you're likely to think about it every time you get in the car (which I would) then just postpone the work until you can source a new pulley.

If I'd known you needed one a week ago I could have added it to my order from Japan :( If you need a contact to get one from Japanaland let me know.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Trev,
Yeah, i only found out from Bill on Friday that he was unable to supply.
I dont think i will always be concerned, its just i am following the lead of everyone else that has done this particular service and replacing all the suggested parts. The mechanic from Mitsubishi where i am taking my car said he has only ever once had to replace one of those bearings on locally delivered equivalent cars (Magna etc).
I wish i could postpone its just this is basically the only time in the next month or so that i can get it done. Plus i have the cash now, i don't think i will in a month or so.
PS, i'll keep you in mind for the next time. Thanks!

VR4CE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Vince
Drive
Galant VR4
I ran in to the same problem, i needed the idler pulley but mitsu were out, i did my research and found an after market one : koyo TT22039

got to your local parts shop and they should be able to get it within the day as this idler pulley is actually used on a few other Mitsubishi vehicles like fto, triton etc

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I ran in to the same problem, i needed the idler pulley but mitsu were out, i did my research and found an after market one : koyo TT22039

got to your local parts shop and they should be able to get it within the day as this idler pulley is actually used on a few other Mitsubishi vehicles like fto, triton etc

Can we get this added to the parts list thread if it isn't already in there?

swift5_8

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tomas
Drive
Current: Legnum, Datsun 260z x 3
Past: 180sx, gti-r sold R32 GTS4, 1972 Restored Celica
Hey all. I have my car booked in tomorrow for its major service and i have sourced the main bits needed for the timing belt and water pump replacement from Bill @ Ralliart NZ (Great service & price BTW:bigsmile:) but unfortunatley he was out of stock of the Idler Pulley. Now the problem i have, apart from leaving it too late, is that there is none of this part available with Mitsi here in AUS (so i've been told by Mitsi).
Does any one know of an aftermarket equivalent?
Also, can you tell if the pulley/bearing is shot and would even need replacing?
Thanks.

Im Selling one one ebay if you have difficulty - plus mine might be cheaper but will take few days to post it interstate

Cheers
Tomas

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
That TT22039 part number apparently means nothing to Koyo? I was able to get one from the Qld Koyo distributor (Associated Bearing Supplies in Brisbane 0732778244) delivered to me via o/night airbag for $48 inc gst. Now that is the part number listed in the parts list thread (PU30xxxx)
Now the price i was given is the everyday list price. I didn't ask for a price for the other pulley but i reckon they would be just as competitive.

Mods, i don't know if you want to then delete that TTxxx number and just change it to the Koyo number in MR3KGT 100,000 Major Service Parts List ? MR3KGT List Here

VR4CE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Vince
Drive
Galant VR4
That TT22039 part number apparently means nothing to Koyo? I was able to get one from the Qld Koyo distributor (Associated Bearing Supplies in Brisbane 0732778244) delivered to me via o/night airbag for $48 inc gst. Now that is the part number listed in the parts list thread (PU30xxxx)
Now the price i was given is the everyday list price. I didn't ask for a price for the other pulley but i reckon they would be just as competitive.

Mods, i don't know if you want to then delete that TTxxx number and just change it to the Koyo number in MR3KGT 100,000 Major Service Parts List ? MR3KGT List Here

sorry about that Trevor, but that was the part number on the box that i got the pulley in,

When I originally went down to my parts shop to inquire about the pulley I quoted that pu30xxx number but this number meant nothing to them, after messing with diagrams and telling them this pulley is the same one as FTO, etc, they finally came up with that pulley (TT2039) and told me the pu3xx number was the bearing seal number for that pulley not the actual part number which is why they couldn't locate it on the their system

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Nah, that's cool!
The guy i delt with new the exact part that i was after once i quoted him the number you gave me.
Im just glad its all sorted for me.

Top Bottom