Immobiliser / alarm

G

Unregistered
Hi guys!

Can I quickly ask whether anyone knows if the preface lift VR4s are fitted with an alarm and or immobiliser as standard?

Thanks

Andy

G

Unregistered
Hi Andy they don't come with an alarm as standard. Try and get ws imports to fit one as part of the deal if you are still looking at the same one.

G

Unregistered
Peter, I quote myself from another car forum. Any thoughts?

Hi guys

I am interested in buying a car which is located almost 200 miles from Edinburgh. It is a Japanese import and I would be the first UK owner. The car is registered in the UK.

The garage had offered to give me a full service, including cambelt change, underseal the car as well as mot and tax the vehicle.

However they were not prepared to do the work on the car before I had put down a deposit and agreed to buy. I would obviously not want to do this without first seeing the car in the flesh (though it looks lovely in the pictures with a nice clean engine bay), and to do this would mean a round trip of 400 miles to see the car. Then a further round trip of 600 miles (if you include the person who would drive me down and me returning in the new car).

I had put it to the garage that I would be willing to take the car away for a reduced price and do the servicing in Edinburgh at a local trusted garage.

They have said that they would be happy to see me the car under what they describe as 'trade conditions' without service and under seal for a reduction of £500.

Is anyone familiar with such 'trade conditions'?? I assume they mean that it would not be under any type of warrenty?

It sounds like a reasonable suggestion given the millage involved and I would at least know that the service would be done properly.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Andy

G

Unregistered
Hi Andy I'm probably not the best person to ask about "traders" at the moment if you have read the post I put up last night . Personally I would want an iron clad warranty after the problems my bro has had. I would really consider TurboShaz's car as it is one I pointed out to my bro but he wanted a facelift due to his job. It's very close to you and worth a look before commiting to the one at WS and there are plenty of CVR4 members in that area that could have a look with you.

Peter, I quote myself from another car forum. Any thoughts?

G

Unregistered
Thanks Peter!

Now can anyone tell me whether vr4s have at least an immobiliser fitted as standard. My old colt of the same age does and as a much higher spec car I would suspect the Vr4 would as well??

G

Unregistered
No immobiliser either Andy. sorry should have added that as well

G

Unregistered
Thanks again Peter!

Great news though, that detail didn't affect my insurance quote!!! :D

Top Bottom