Just a few questions

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
hey all, i just had a few questions about our pride and joy 1. i am planning to run 2 tdo4 hi flow turbos but i have heard a rumor that the auto transmissions cant handle the power that they put out is this true, if so what do i have to do to enable the auto to handle the power 2. Does any body know what the actual tare weight of the legnum is face lifted version, i have seen them go from 1400kg all the way to a wopping 1800 kilos 3. How do you know when to change the ayc fluid is there an indicator or something and lastly where do you get transmission coolers from my mate will order me in one as long as i can get a brand or a place that does them i do not do much ebay shopping so i was hoping if some one knew of a source' thank you for your time

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
1.PM a member called madhav,he's running bigger turbos and is having issues with his gearbox,ask him whats he's done/doing to fix it

2.search that,i know its on the forum somewhere,if its facelift auto i beleive thats about the heaviest,around 1600.

3.most people just wait till it starts to howl when cornering but you should do it about every 25,000kms for peice of mind

number 4 is easy,super cheap and repco and all other stores like that keep trans coolers in stock,a lot of people stick with PWR coolers as theyre great quality,but it turns out davies craig coolers are a little cheaper and come from the same factory

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
1. it isn't a rumour, the autoboxes dies regularly with stock power. If you change the oil regularly, fit a good trans cooler and don't trash it, the gearbox will last for quite a while.

2. do a search for english auto ru on google and follow your nose to go through to Legnums and find your model

3. just change it. you need to keep the oil fairly fresh otherwise you'll have problems.

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
thanks for the info... damn if i had known that the autos were soo weak i would not have bought one hrmm i guess things are not looking so good now

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
It seems to be a real hit and miss thing. There are a few in the UK that have done a hundred or so drag launches with around 350hp and a 50hp shot of nitrous and those gearboxes have been fine.

And then there are some that just die for no good reason on relatively low mileage cars that have been looked after well!

The best you can do is to fill it with Mitsi SP3 or Amsoil ATF and change the oil as soon as it starts to change to brown (from red) and have some good luck along the way.

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
well i hope i am one of the lucky ones i do run my car hard now and then but not day in day out just the odd week end play around and i am running 14psi of boost and i have not had any problems. i was just wondering i sourced a heavy duty pwr auto cooler the dimensions are 280by19by255 does that sound about right will it fit, cheers

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
oh and another thing i have heard a rumor that our cars can b converted to rear wheel drive by disconnecting some plug is this true....?

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
no, not true. the center diff is not electronic like in the evo 7+

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
oh and another thing i have heard a rumor that our cars can b converted to rear wheel drive by disconnecting some plug is this true....?
Someone's definitely been telling you porky pies there. Its substantially easier to turn a VR4 into a FWD than RWD, but either way requires removing drive shafts and welding up the transfer case.

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
lol ok fair enuf but are the dimensions for my trans cooler the rite size will she fit, oh and another thing. bradc is it ok if u keep this thread open for a little bit for my stupid little questions this site is a massive help and yeah over the coming months im gunna need some help

chrisssss

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
krsta
Drive
99' s2 manual legnum vr4
haha sweet lol, i got my trans cooler today installing it tomorrow should be fun

Top Bottom