kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
hi

having changed all my lights to LED bulbs, i stumble upon a problem.
the bulbs for the outer brake lights are always on "brake" these are T20 21/5W
if i go and measure there is 12V on the 5W leads and about 7V on the 21W leads
if i step on the brake this becomes 12V...

how is it that the leads for the 21W have 7 volts on them when i'm not breaking???

i changed my headlights to European lights (LHD lights) and on these headlights are LED daylight running lights.
what's the best way of connecting these daylight LED's where can i get 12 volts that come on with the starting of the car...

i have some troubles whit the AYC the warning sign comes on, i did a diagnostics, and it said:
12 voltage power supply (supply valve) system (short or break)
83 Electric Pump Failure
there is no power to the pump (obviously) where can i find the relais and fuses that run the AYC and it's ecu?

many thanks

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
Brake light problems can give false positive AYC related ECU codes. Fix the lights first then clear and recheck AYC codes. Hopefully someone else here can give you advice on your led lights issue.

NuffNuff

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Damian
Drive
GTI, GTI, FL Manual Legnum VR4
I changed my interior lights in the roof to led and they stay dimly lit when the engine is running. This is not the case in a magna wagon which they were also tested in

Do you have a tow bar or anything wired to your brake lights? Is it doing it on both sides?

Wire the DRL to your parkers, the smallest plug for the head lights is the parkers it plugs to the bottom of the headlight between high and low beam from memory. One click on your head lights stalk and you'll have the DRL on. Your dash will dim tho

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
UKDM having DRL? can you please show us photos?

are these factory setup or modified?

kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
hi, thanks for these replies,

i'll get on it today...
what are the DRL?

there was a modification on the lights: i don't know how the standard setup is, but i have 4 backlights:
2 in the bodywork and 2 in the trunk panel??? (is that a correct word?) sorry for my English!!!
the 2 that are in my trunk panel have been modded to normal backlight/fog light (european law!)
those in the bodywork are backlight/brake
the fog lights are connected to an added switch on the dashboard which is powered from the switch for the front fog lights.

also i noticed a strange rattling in the engine bay when the ignition is on but the engine is not running after a couple of minutes all of the sudden there is a sound like a relay is rattling for about 10 seconds then slows down and stops.

i have been having the AYC problems even before i changed to LED bulbs...
does anyone has an electrical lay-out for the car?

many thanks

kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
ok thanks. I ran a new wire from the interior. I installed a cruise control so I had to run a couple of wires any way. I'll post some pics

kevin

Hesitantly Boosting
Lifetime Member
First Name
david
Drive
2001 VR4 legnum
still having problems with the brake lights. But the ayc is fixed, had to bleed the system and did a reset of the ecu.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
brake lights does not like LED's unless you use 21w resistors to trick the abs/ayc computers

Top Bottom