Mystery hose

VR4CE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Vince
Drive
Galant VR4
Hey guys while installing the stock air box i came across these two mystery hoses on the induction pipe,

Now firstly ill state that the car has a EBC and a defi boost gauge,

The first as you can see is a thin hose plugged up with a screw,

The second which is circled in red is fitting for a hose to fit on to, I've wrapped it up as a precaution, I searched for the mystery hose but could not find it,

I'm thinking that they might have something to do with either EBC or boost gauge, but they are definitely vacuum for something, could someone have a look on their car and report back. Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN1462c.jpg
    DSCN1462c.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN1466c.jpg
    DSCN1466c.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 45
G

Unregistered
the first one is where the stock boost control solenoid bleeds the air off back into the intake. (and not required if you are running a EBC)

the second is the return for the breather hose from the rear rocker cover, do you have a catch can? if not you should check if there is a loose hose/blocked off rocker cover breather.

VR4CE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Vince
Drive
Galant VR4
the first one is where the stock boost control solenoid bleeds the air off back into the intake. (and not required if you are running a EBC)

the second is the return for the breather hose from the rear rocker cover, do you have a catch can? if not you should check if there is a loose hose/blocked off rocker cover breather.

thanks Mitch, i found that breather hose it was sure tucked away nicely,

Top Bottom