2009 NSW/ACT Xmas Mystery Cruise

Which Day would be most suitable for the Xmas Mystery Cruise?

• Total voters

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
1999 Galant VR4 1993 HJ V6
XmasCruisePromo.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, Start your engines,

The route has been set, the questions have been compiled. All that is left to do is to sort out the date, numbers, lunch, and prizes. So here are the details:

Start Place: Outback Steakhouse Restaurant, Old Windsor Road, Parklea
(Enter through the Caltex/Woolworths Petrol Station or via Almona Street. They have Vortex 98 for anyone needing fuel.)

Expected time to complete Route: approximately 3 hours.

End Place: Mystery

Entry Fee: $25 per team of Two (includes Lunch for two, drinks and water/nibbles along the way).

What to Bring:
Essential
1. Mobile Phone (for contact purposes only and charged up of course
2. Partner/Kids/Fiance/Missus,/Hubby (Teams must be of a minimum of two people, one driver, one navigator).
3. Sunscreen/Hats/Aeroguard other protective devices from Spousal attacks if necessary.
4. Sense of humor/fun/adventure, Keen eyes, comfy shoes.
5. Pens and Paper.
6. Roadworthy Vehicle (preferably with a Full Tank, does not need to be VR4 but preferable)
7. Camera (Digital)
8. Keen eyes, comfy shoes.
9. Small Box (to store items along the way)
10. Cash for drinks, nibbles etc along the way.

Optional
1. GPS System (not required)
2. E-Toll (not required for the run)
3. Esky to keep drinks cool etc
4. Any special Dietary requirements.

Rules: (all will be re-explained on the day and copies given out)
Organisers have no responsibility for your driving. Any tickets you get or unsafe driving are your responsibility.

Teams must consist of at least 2 people. More are allowed but each team can only have a maximum number as legally allowed by the vehicle. If you happen to pick up an extra person on the way (read hitchhiker), then they are your responsibility.

Cheating is allowed on the following conditions:
1. No car is damaged.
2. No person is injured.
3. No Wildlife is hurt. (read: fauna)
4. The Police aren’t called.

You will be given a series of questions/directions at the starting point and an envelope. The envelope will contain the final destination. The envelope must be returned at the end of the run. If the envelope is opened when handed in, then you will lose half of the points you have accumulated.

Questions and other activities are allocated points.

Each team will leave starting from 9:30am at 5 minute intervals. The order will be determined on the day.

Prizes will be allocated for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and last based on most correct answers, times, items collected and photos.
1st Prize: Valued at Approx. $60.
2nd Prize: Value at Approx. $40.
3rd Prize: Value at Approx $20.
Last Place Prize/Trophy
Mystery Prize/Trophy

So pick a weekend which suits you best from the poll. Most votes wins.

BBQ Lunch with Sausages, Meat Patties, Chicken Kebabs, salad, and bread rolls. Soft Drink and Water beverages.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Because I won't be driving a VR4, does that mean I can't win prizes? :( I know it says in the text it doesn't have to be one to be involved.. But I want to be able to win prizes! waahh!

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
All good Tom... Non VR4s are allowed.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I can't confirm any dates just yet but i'll make sure I get some in by this weekend! :)

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
sounds cool but probably wont be able to make it :-(

mind you we now have a 57 seater bedford bus does that mean we can fill it with friends and see if we can win :), seats are being removed now thou so probably wont work :-(

if you want some stuff for prizes from Dragonflydecals let us know, we might even be able to donate some stuff

G

Unregistered
As the WINNER of the First ever ozvr4 nav run last year i think i better be there you all up again!! hahaha..
I just made my vote i will be there!!

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
Are you sure Wayne? You're flyer makes it quite clear you must be either driving a Silver Galant or a Blue Legnum :p

I don't think I can make this :sad:

Brad, My game, my rules.... hehehehe

In the fine print BEHIND those photos, it says clearly - Brad can bring the RVR, Bella can Bring her new car, Tom can bring a Non VR4, Dimi can bring the Camry (but he'll only accumulate points at half the rate of a VR4.)

No Brad, You must be there... I have added extra toilet stops just for you.... :D

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
sounds cool but probably wont be able to make it :-(

mind you we now have a 57 seater bedford bus does that mean we can fill it with friends and see if we can win :), seats are being removed now thou so probably wont work :-(

if you want some stuff for prizes from Dragonflydecals let us know, we might even be able to donate some stuff

Doh...

57 Seater Bus.... Um... Yeah. Bring that full of friends... The extra eyes will assure you a top score.. And the extra people will definitely be needed to get it around the course....:p

I had planned to contact you re: possible prizes.

trounced

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
yeah let us know, maybe we can organise a few smaller items and maybe one larger depending on costs etc.

i was going to contact snickles but it sounds like he is out of action, i thought he may want to go half with covering costs on the sponser hoodie i was talking to him about.

might sms him and see what he thinks, or we can just put a large dragonflydecals.com.au accross the back and call it advertising lol :-P

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
No Brad, You must be there... I have added extra toilet stops just for you.... :D

Gee what a way to make me feel loved there Wayne :blush:, but with the way work is going I have no idea what's going on. Most weekends are being spent either driving TO somewhere or driving FROM somewhere. :cursing:
Plus my wife's new custom ordered Apple Macbook is arriving sometime soon & guess who gets the lovely job of setting it up & showing her how to use it? :thumbdown:

Emu

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Wayne
Drive
Did another run of the course yesterdqay from start to finish. Had to make a few changes due to someone painting over a skull and crossbones. But had a few replacement questions on hand to make up the difference. But all looks good.

Also, got two of the trophies sorted. Just working on 1st, 2nd and 3rd and prizes.

Looks like the first or second weekend of December is the go. Anymore takers out there? Would like at least 10 entries if possible.

3M-TA3

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Daniel
Drive
BLACK MANUAL '97 LEGNUM
I am keen, just out of town ATM, will need to get back and check work and stuff to see which weekend is good. probably good for most - except last weekend of NOV. maybe first of DEC aswell, but need to check work as I said.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
I won't be able to come down to this at this stage :(

I'll keep an eye on it and if anything changes i'll be there!!!

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Finally got my computer back online!!

Any date late nov or early dec will be fine with me :D

3. No Wildlife is hurt. (read: fauna)
4. The Police aren’t called.

Where's the fun in that? :p

G

Unregistered
yay hope to be all systems go at my end im glad to be able to enter my new car ty wayne i have a non turbo so i may be a lil slower so can i get a head start hehehe...... yowie and bub and i hope to be able to make it

Top Bottom