Opinions & recommendations please guys...

HICKSY

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Alan
Drive
98 Legnum ST-R
Haha yes Dawso I thought the same thing when I read that too. Also two of the tyres are 235/45/17 with flat sidewalls, 235's on 9" wide rims would look slightly more stretched than that wouldn't they?

HICKSY

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Alan
Drive
98 Legnum ST-R
Sorry brad wasn't doubting you, thought there may have been a random 9" set floating around out there.I was however a bit dubious of how legit they were when I read he had them on a Lexus??!! Why would you do that??!!
What do you all reckon then...get a set of 17x8 evo 7's powdercoated gloss black with a set of 225 or 235/45/17's and get rid of my 19's?

montgomery

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Chris
Drive
Mazda Familia GTR
get evo 9's , they look 100000 times better than 7's
and get 10mm spacers and run a 205 on em :)

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
get evo 9's , they look 100000 times better than 7's
and get 10mm spacers and run a 205 on em :)

That'd be good. It sort of depends on what theme you're going for. Clean OEM style? The mesh wheels work. Something a little more aggressive? Go Evo 8 or 9 wheels.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
The EVO 7 and 9 wheels both look like they are stock wheels.

Witness EVO 9's

1250069802.jpg

Offset isn't perfect at the rear though
1261041431.jpg

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
They do look more aggressive than the Evo 7 wheels though. That's my point. The Evo 7 wheels look really good if the general theme of the car is subtlety.

HICKSY

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Alan
Drive
98 Legnum ST-R
Sorry guys, I have to disagree. I think I like the 7's better. Here's a pick of Stefans from ClubVR4 - I reckon they look pretty good in gloss black on a white Legnum. Was thinking 'copy' and 'paste' haha.

Attachments

• i-Foto413.JPG
    i-Foto413.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 32

HICKSY

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Alan
Drive
98 Legnum ST-R
Yeah can't go too wrong there really can ya. Was thinking the gloss black evo 7's would go well with the tinted windows and now tinted tail lights, which are all glossy of course.

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Brad, they look ghey lol...

Well, in comparison to your current wheels and the 9 wheels anyways

White over black always wins. Why? Because you can't see if the wheel is ugly or not :)

I like black EVO7 wheels if you want to stray from the manuafacturers look a little. I like EVO 9 wheels for the "factory" look as they are very similiar in style to the stock facelift type-s VR4 wheels, just bigger, wider, and better fitment.

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
personally i dont like the look of any evo wheels. and seeing the specs are no where near ideal, that seals the deal of FAIL.

G

Unregistered
Hi all,

Well, I currently have 19"x8" Advanti Gauntlet wheels on my Legnum (check out my garage for the pics) with 215/35/19 Toyo Proxes 4 tyres stretched on. When I got these the guys told me I needed 215's to avoid any rubbing. Of course since then I have found out that all I needed to do was roll my gaurds and I could get 235's under there - oh they are a 35 offset. However I think I must be getting old as they are a hard ride and quite noisy, and I'm not sure the handling is as good as it used to be when it was on 17x7's! (although that was some time ago). I have just found out I can now get these wheels in 17x8 and am seriously considering getting rid of the 19's and going for the 17x8's with 235/45/17 tyres. But everytime I look at it I still really like the 19's and think maybe next tyre replacement i'll get the gaurds rolled and get 235/35/19's put on it and that might be better? But then on top of all the handling and cosmetic differences is of course the old difference in cost of the tyres between 19's and 17's! Ahhhh... so hence me wanting your guys opinions about what you would do or think I should do. Any comments will be much appreciated.
HI IVE JUST PUT 20X8.5 235X35X20" ON MINE WITH 45 OFFSET LOOKS GREAT CAN GET FULL LOCK ON FRONT JUST SCRUBS ON BACK. A GAURD ROLL WILL FIX THAT. RIDES FINE WITH TIENS AS WELL.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Loud noises.

If I had 20x8.5 +45 I wouldn't be shouting about it, but maybe that's just me.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
I somehow highly doubt an 8.5 +45 will look "Great". Especially 20's.

Not suprising you live in NSW...

Pics for proof? And what could the wheels rub on on the back? Have you done the camber fix?

EDIT: Tim beat me to it :p

Top Bottom