Original K's ??

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Hey all, I was washing and detailing my "new car" today that i bought from Joe down in Melbourne when i noticed a sticker in the engine bay ( on the radiator support ) that concerns me a little, the ODO says the car has travelled only 37xxx K's but this sticker which is in Japanese has a reading of 61,115 KM. Now i am as i said not sure what this means, just starting to worry a bit that the K's on the clock are far from Legit. Any idea guys? Also i have a photo but i cant work out how to get it up here, its a .jpg but is 120kb any ideas how to post it?

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
it wouldnt be the first car to have it happen unfortunately.. one case a guy had 67k kms on the clock when on another site (the importer's) it was advertised as 114k kms.. I hope mine are accurate, but im pretty sure they are as i found similar japanese service stickers which worked out about right..

G

Unregistered
What is the sticker on ? maybe something had to be replaced and the sticker shows the km's of what it came from.
There are many rumors afloat of dogey km reading from japan. At least 67,000km's is still low, the only concern is whether to do the timing belt early.
Can u get the correct km's from the ecu somehow ?

G

Unregistered
It may be possible to get the km from the BCM if a leggy has one. <<< Body Control Module not sure what mitsu call it

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Yeah im not sure what it is, like i said it is on the radiator support and is in Japanese. I have the photo but cant do anything with it ??:confused:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
If it was 10000km or so more than your current ODO I'd suggest it is a sticker that tells you when something is supposed to be changed. Is there a date on it?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
I want to show you guys the pic, please help me post it.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
you need to have an account on photobucket.com then upload it there,then you can cut and paste the direct(second down) link it gives you into the box that pops up when you press that colorful button^^

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Try this.....

Attachments

• enginebaysticker.jpg
    enginebaysticker.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 108
G

Unregistered
I found a service sticker in my car, its also in Japanese and it has 67,000km's on the sticker and mine is just over 80,000 so I know mine are the real deal.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Your sticker says that it needs to be replaced or done by the 17th of April 2013, or 61xxxkm's.

So your low km's are genuine!

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
just cant work out what the deal with the other numbers, they aren't a date. If that is the ODO reading when something was carried out that could've been ages ago :mad:. the rest of the car is great, the engine and engine bay are spotless, and i don't mean degreaser clean. The interior is clean, a little bit of wear on the edge of the drivers seat. The exterior is great with only the bodykit letting it down in places. So it looks like maybe i should look at changing the timing belt? unless that is what that sticker indicates?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Your sticker says that it needs to be replaced or done by the 17th of April 2013, or 61xxxkm's.

So your low km's are genuine!

How do you work that out from those numbers Brad?:confused:

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
the 25 is their calender year. Their current emporer or whatever will have been in charge for 25 years in 2013.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
I see......
I appreciate your reassurance Brad :)
Any ideas on ( ? ) has to be replaced then ?

Top Bottom