Ill PM the translation through.

Steve

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Actually guys, it says the timing belt has already been done at 61000km back in 2005. bradc, in Japan, it's year/month/day, not the other way around.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
damn.. i'd be very concerned about your car.. get it check inside out..

get your suspension checked out, easier to tell if it's been used for that long, specifically the bushes.. if they look worn, then the mileage on yours might not be that accurate..

goodluck..

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Trev, if I can wade in with an opinion here, if this were MY car I'd be disappointed but not overly concerned. IMO if you get a car with genuine kms from Japan then that's a bonus. As long as the car is good mechanically and body-wise, then that's the important thing. These cars are good for hundreds of thousands of kms as long as they're looked after.

I do agree with Christian insofar as you should check your suspension and bushings and frankly as much as you can. But not necessarily in order to guesstimate the 'real' kms the car's done, but because this is what you should do with every second-hand car you buy. If you drive a car off the lot brand new you can expect it to be perfect, but if it's second-hand it's up to you to do your homework.

So don't stress too much, check the car over from top to bottom, replace any parts that need renewing and be happy in the knowledge that the timing belt has been replaced recently, so it's probably good for another 80,000kms ;)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I agree with Trevor as well, I only gave my opinion if you were that worried.. that's what i would do regardless my car's mileage were genuine or not..

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I will check out the suspension components as it has coilovers i want to get it raised a little anyway so i will have them check it all out under there for me. Who plays with the ODO? is it played with in Japan or is it done here in Aus? Either way it sucks!

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
re sticker kanji meaning-

Trevor- What the Chef said. He is correctomondo! He's not a Super moderator for nuttin, ya know!

Kanji is bad enough on its own, and a bastard to figure out lumped together... + my brain stubbornly refuses to work Sundays mornings..lol

mate, the Japanese love slapping on stickers after a job is done....rest assured it's been done..... this is what it says:

first line (top left): timing belt replacement (taimingu beruto koukan)

top right side= Nippan? name of a company or brand (nippon means japan, but not sure about NipPAn)

middle line- (brain wake up!)..ok= date on which part was replaced/ exchanged .
literally- first 2 kanji= Koukan(exchange)/ next 2 kanji sorry not sure/ then kanji for YEAR MONTH DAY. (heisei 17=2005)

bottom line= odometer reading ...literally= mehtaa-soukou-kiro
(meter- travelling (of a car wheel)- kilometres)

Yep, according to the odometer, the reading was 61, 116 km when the belt was changed, Trev.
At least you know that a big job has been done and should be good to go for a long while yet:)

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Wow ! Thanks Anthony, its good in a way as you say that i "Shouldn't" have to worry about that for a while, but it still sucks bad that (they) F$&K with the ODO like that :mad: !! If the car was imported in Jan08 and the car had 61000 on the clock in 25/04/05 what sort of Klms APPROX would it have traveled since then?

G

Unregistered
If you average it out it should have done maybe 10,000km a year then try to find out how long it was at the docks / selling place. So by that logic 90k ish??????????

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
There's no real way to tell, Trev - It would've been done in Japan, as no one would risk doing it here. Besides the fact that your import papers will have the kms recorded when it reached Australia, I doubt anyone here even knows how to reset the chip that records this (it's built into the dash cluster, not the ECU).

formanth

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Anthony
Drive
2001 Legnum
Trev, how many should it have? hard to tell........Tommo, yes, that's a reasonable 'ball park' figure ...but can be influenced by various factors - live in a big city, outer suburbs or country. More than 2/3 of cars would probably do LESS than 9000kms per year- a car that's done over 100k is hardly worth anything come trade in time. I agree with moderator Trevor- the odometer 'adjustment' would have happened in Japan.

Relax though- Trevor (Silicon Angel) and Christian give excellent advice. yeah, you can probably get a guestimate of the k's travelled by looking in other places, but at the end of the day, 60,80 or 90 thousand k's mean less than how well it was or wasn't cared for- would you really want a car that's done "50000k" but used for drifting 3 nights a week or street drags regularly or... one that's done many of its 90000k on the (superb) expressways at a steady 90-95 km/h and serviced by the book regularly.. ...

fwiw- I had a '94 Toyota Mark2 - 5 speed man, 2 litre- 6 cylinder...RWD ! lol(non-turbo sibling of the Chaser)...
I bought it from a panel beater/ spray painter who went to auctions regularly ( this was near Fukuoka, Kyushu).
The Mark 2, when I got it in Nov 2001, only had 57000 kms ...and was a 7 and a half year old car!......she was a wee bit clagged up but after a few trips on the expressway she ran sweet;)....and not once gave me any grief...even after clocking up many k's on the expressways and nearby towns. So a 9 or 10 y.o car with 70 or 75 thousand ORIGINAL k's is definitely possible

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Thanks everyone for your replies.
The TLC starts with me from here on in. ;)

Outlanded

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Brent
Drive
97 Legnum VR-4
If you are really concerned bail up a Jap, its like mini Japan on the gold coast they are everywhere, sure somebody could translate it for you!

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Well i am almost there, she passed Roadworthy today so my wife is off tomorrow to QLD Transport to pay the GOV alot of CASH :) sweeeeeeet, going for a cruise tomorrow night i think:D

G

Unregistered
speaking of KM's, I purchased my Legnum with 82,000KM on the clock..
while changing the oil I noticed the timing belt sticker had writen: "changed at 99,802km" The belt looks very new, i would think it was done shortly bofore it was inported. So im guessing my km's were wound back aswell.....

but dont really think of it much as its not that much...in your case, I would.

Top Bottom