Overheating

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
97 COTY Legnum & 09 Astra
Yeah I'm very curious too. Accordin to what I have. The engine and trans was. And i have receipts for alot of other maintenance items. Including work on the top tank not long before I brought it off him. This was all through Carmen auto centre. So I'm a little. Bamboozled how it got to this point.

Sent from my arse using gas! Suck it up princess.

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
When I flog my legnum the guage doesnt move or if it does not enough to notice

What going up the toowoomba range? When I flog her now(normal conditions) I don't notice the temp rise at all.

Ernz1981

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ernz
Drive
1997 Galant VR4
mmm..maybe you should get a chemical test done on the coolant.....suss it out....

i had the coolant flushed out when i got my car.....then again..i'm pretty picky when it's comes to maintenance (as i can't have my car break down when my partner is in the car - which is all the time).

otherwise i'll get an earful.......she dissapproved me buying it as it's an old car.....and the fact that it looks like her ex's magna (which kept breaking down) didn't help either.

check what pressure the radiator cap is being used too......should be 1.0bar...not 1.3 bar...that'll accelerate the wear on the end tanks and make it crack pre-maturely.

Ernz1981

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ernz
Drive
1997 Galant VR4
related...anyone here know if the stuff they use to chemically flush out the radiator is the same crap they used to clean my airconditioner heat exchanger thingo...which overheated coz it was clogged.

long story cut short....the aircon cooling water was heavy in minerals (as the cooling tower in the apartment didn't have the old water used to cool it replaced with new water like they were supposed to) which resulted in mineral build up -> clogged heat exchanger.

wouldn't it be the same thing if the car was using up a little bit of coolant each time..and the previous owner just kept topping it up with 'tap' water?

depending on where you are...might be heavy in minerals.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i dad always suggest to use de-mineralized water and mixed with the coolant (greent)

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
What going up the toowoomba range? When I flog her now(normal conditions) I don't notice the temp rise at all.

Havent taken the legnum up there yet. well it sounds like your problem has been fixed. how much did the flush cost, you could get a alloy radiator $180 at your door.

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
$90

Johnny_k

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Johnny
Drive
Yeah I use the demineralized water too. However the blokes that did my flush reckon u should change the coolant every year regardless of how long lasting they claim. So that's something I'll start doin. They reckon the shit breaks down creating the kind shit we found I'm my overflow bottle and radiator on the last Qld tune night

Top Bottom