OZVR4 Calendar

pu-11-me

and put an LSD in it
First Name
Dawso
Drive
VW Touareg
Dimi bro, thats a great idea.... So when you starting the thread ;)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
great idea too.. but can someone please fix up the title?! isn't it spelt Calendar?

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Great Idea Dimi :)

Hopefully my car is going asap so I can get a good shot of it in it's new state! hehe

G

Unregistered
I'd love to have a calendar full of my photos, but I don't really think that is fair for everyone else :)

Great idea Dimi, lets get this up and running now so this doesn't fall into one of those forgotten projects. It is a bit of a shame that we won't see these until March (sucks for the photos featured in Jan and Feb), but I spose we could use this a bit of a practice run.

For the WA guys, I've got photos from various meets here. If you would like to use one of those, let me know and I can properly touch them up for you. But, if there is enough popularity, I could probably do a small photoshoot sometime during the next fortnight, before the cutoff date (14th Feb)?

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Okay Stephen let's get it started. A new thread will be posted for the photo submissions as soon as the following information is confirmed:
All we need to know before the new thread is created is who will be responsible for organising the Calendars to be created?

Hands up please. You will need to:
  1. Find a print shop
  2. Find out the minimum resolution needed from the photos.
  3. Obtain pricing for 40 calendars to start with. If there's an ongoing demand after production, we'll order more.
We need someone who is keen and who will be commited to looking after the production of the first batch of calendars.

Once again
, just to lay the steps out:
  1. Photo submissions thread opened and photos to be posted by registered club members (One per member only, moderators and administrators included).
  2. February 14th - Photo submission thread will be cleaned and a poll put up with all photos in one post.
  3. Votes will be made. The best twelve photos will be voted for by fellow club members, moderators and administrators.
  4. Votes finalised and results will be up on the 21st of February, 2009.
  5. Photos forwarded to calendar organiser for calendars to be created.
After this is sorted, the new thread will be open for submission :)

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
Bravo Dimi, nice work again!

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
wow this is such a great idea (not that i have a vr4 yet lol)

but i would def be up for a calendar

G

Unregistered
I saw something today I thought was a good idea.

You know how with a normal calendar you might have January on Page 1, then Feb page 2, Mar page 3, etc? I saw a calendar that had January start on Page 2, and January also on page 3 (if you closed the calendar the two january months face each other). February was pages 4 and 5, and so on.

The reason for this? So for any given month of the year you had two images to choose from.

And why do I like it? You can choose if you want a Legnum or a Galant for any given month, and there's 24 cars to choose from!

I thought it was a good idea at least :)

G

Unregistered
Not a bad idea Connor.

Since no-one has stepped up, may I make a suggestion. I've seen some prints done by RedBubble and they are of pretty decent quality, so I could only assume their calendars are up to the same spec.

RedBubble said:
RedBubble calendars are printed on an HP Indigo 5000 (for those who haven’t heard, this is the digital press). Each page is a satin-coated prints on 170gsm high quality art paper. The cover shows your choice of image on heavier 300gsm paper. Your calendars have a hanger and white wire binding.
RedBubble calendars are satin-coated prints on high quality art paper. They’re A3 size (that’s 297x420mm, or 11.69x16.54")

The good thing about these is that RedBubble will sort out all the layouts, printing, sending etc. The only thing we have to do upload the photos, pay some money, then wait.

I'm willing to do up a sample calendar (well I have it ready now) to see what the quality is like, shipping costs and turnaround.

How does this sound?

Small Review

My Sample Calendar

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
I like your Calendar there Stephen! :) For a full VR4 Calendar I would be in.

Q on the pricing - its 24.95 for your sample calendar there, would they become cheaper with minimum orders?

Hipsi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trav
Drive
D40 Navara
hmm, guess I should pull my finger out and get some photos huh

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Great find Stephen!

G

Unregistered
Q on the pricing - its 24.95 for your sample calendar there, would they become cheaper with minimum orders?

That $24.95 was a default price setting, you can charge almost anything you want for them. The cheapest they can go is $20AU which is the base price (not sure if this price is available to the public though, but will see). Standard Shipping (10-15 Business Days) on a single calendar to Perth was just under $6 and Express Shipping (5-10 Business Days) was under $12.50. They will offer free Standard Shipping on 10+ Calendars.

Still early days, but will see whether it's easier for everyone to order there own, or do one, two or a couple of big orders

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
I would assume that a big buy would be much better off..

But, in saying that, is it 10+ calendars to ONE house or to 10 different houses..??

Could be worth while getting 10+ to one house, then having a meet&greet and handing them out?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Still early days, but will see whether it's easier for everyone to order there own, or do one, two or a couple of big orders

Even if it's cost effective for us to each do our own, I still like the idea of a club-wide calendar with photos of different members' cars. Gives a nice feeling of community, plus who knows, we might get sick of looking at only our own cars all year lol

Top Bottom