OZVR4 Calendar

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
hey guys i just realised that my mate managers and his parents own a shop where they do all this kind of stuff...

i can check it all out and see if we can get a really good deal on printing these things, and if so then i spose we could do a photo comp and we could vote on what pics we want for what month, thats prbably the easiest idea i can think of

G

Unregistered
I would assume that a big buy would be much better off..

But, in saying that, is it 10+ calendars to ONE house or to 10 different houses..??

Could be worth while getting 10+ to one house, then having a meet&greet and handing them out?

The benefits on a big buy is that we do save on costs, but it depends on if we send them all to one house, then disperse them from there (which seems a little pointless considering that you are now adding shipping) or if each state orders there own 'bulk' load, but then each state will need to order 10+ to make it worthwhile.

I would assume they will only deliver to one house per order.

Even if it's cost effective for us to each do our own, I still like the idea of a club-wide calendar with photos of different members' cars.

I meant each person order there own, not everyone create their own. Sorry for the miscommunication.

hey guys i just realised that my mate managers and his parents own a shop where they do all this kind of stuff...

i can check it all out and see if we can get a really good deal on printing these things, and if so then i spose we could do a photo comp and we could vote on what pics we want for what month, thats prbably the easiest idea i can think of

Great idea, the more options the better, like you said it might be possible to get a good deal.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
And in the end, I guess if some people want to still create their own calendars with pics that didnt get picked for the calendar.. at the end, we can have the 'official' OzVR4 calendar.. and people can download the other pics and put together their own and purchase through the RedBubble site? :)

G

Unregistered
Just letting everyone know, I ordered my own Redbubble Calendar the other day to see what the quality is like, I'll post pics when it arrives, hopefully, early next week too see what everyone thinks.

In the meantime, has anyone thought of any other ideas or heard back from anyone etc.?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Hey Steve you wanna take some snaps of my car? Or should we organise a WA meet some time when you're available to give everyone a chance at getting some decent pics?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
So where's the photo submission thread? If I don't have my tow hook cover in time I do have one half decent photo that I'll submit.

I know you all desperately want me in there, so I'll do my best. :D

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
So where's the photo submission thread?
There isn't none... yet! However, once Stephen recieves his test calendar that he's ordered, we can start with organising the photo submission thread :)

P.S Borrow a tow hook cover off someone. Or even if you don't come up with one, just leave it off - VR-4's can look mean without their tow hook covers :D

G

Unregistered
Hey Steve you wanna take some snaps of my car? Or should we organise a WA meet some time when you're available to give everyone a chance at getting some decent pics?

Yeah sure thing Trev. Could do a small photoshoot/meet sometime soon. Would only be a few cars though as it will take a while, especially given limited time (likely be evenings). But I suppose I could do a couple of shoots, which also allows for multiple locations too.

G

Unregistered
There isn't none... yet! However, once Stephen recieves his test calendar that he's ordered, we can start with organising the photo submission thread :)

I got confirmation that it got sent today, so I "should" be receiving sometime next week, likely later in the week.

Glad that people like the RedBubble idea, but I do encourage everyone else to make a suggestion/come up with ideas.

G

Unregistered
Hooray, package arrived for me today (actually yesterday, but I wasn't home). I am proud to say that the Calendar is of outstanding quality, it's beautifully printed, colours are fantastic and it's the little detail which makes all the difference.

img1505mi5.jpg

Packaging is a number of layers of cardboard and looks very secure.

img1509hw9.jpg

Opening up the layers of cardboard reveals the Calendar in a clear, protective sleeve.

The detail is incredible and makes the Calendar look very professional.

img1510er5.jpg

Cover Page. Obviously it would be silly to have "esemte" as the title on the cover page, I will create another redbubble account named "OZVR4" and this will be seen on the cover page and in the image descriptions (see below)

img1511ur3.jpg

Wire binder all ready to hang

img1514ld0.jpg
img1512ro1.jpg

img1513qj8.jpg

Another nice detail is the title of each photo in the bottom right hand corner, so in our case we could have a detailed description of the photos, for example we could have "Trevor - SiliconAngel - 1999 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 by OZVR4"

img1518ue4.jpg

Rear page display all images contained within.

img1525gp6.jpg

Small amount of information at the bottom of the rear page.

So what does the people of OZVR4 think? The only things I wish I could change would be in that it doesn't finish with "by OZVR4" in the image description, and that it didn't have the URL on the back (or it had www.ozvr4.com instead), but I don't have any control over this. Other than that, I am very happy with it.

Just to note, I got it expressed shipped to my door, I placed the order on the 3rd (Tuesday), got a confirmation email on the 6th (Friday) saying that it got sent on the 5th (Thursday) and I had a "Failed to Deliver" card in my letterbox on the 9th (Monday), so a very quick turn around.

dimi_108

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dimi
Drive
NSX/Magna/M5
Shit, that was quick.
The calendar looks fantastic. I especially like how it has a description at the bottom "Subaru Imprezza WRX by esemte".

So one last thing before we get started, i'm just confirming that we're only able to include twelve photos for the calendar, correct?
And what resolution do they require the photos to be?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Stephen, in the nicest possible way, I really hate you.

I wish I could take photos like that.

G

Unregistered
So one last thing before we get started, i'm just confirming that we're only able to include twelve photos for the calendar, correct?
And what resolution do they require the photos to be?

Yeah you can only have one image per month, only other way is if you do something like this:

img1526ti4.jpg

But that may look a little odd, would be good for a bit of a feature, like have a photo of the overall car, then small ones of closeups like wheels/brakes, logos etc.

Redbubble recommends resolutions as big as possible (within reason), although the smallest sized photo I uploaded was 2610x1740 pixels. and that turned out perfect. They ask, for Matted Prints, that the smallest resolution is 1800x1260 pixels.

G

Unregistered
Calendar looks fantastic. Very impressed.

Will have to have a better look at it on the weekend.

BTW, give me a heads up when you're getting started on these shoots, my camera is feeling a little unloved.

Also, I like the design/layout of the calendar pages, they seem pretty good.

Top Bottom