possible choke problem?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
ended up being a fuel filter being clogged full of crap.
Gav which fuel filter was it?? The RAW is meant to replace the main line filter during compliance. There are two others though...

I reckon it's probably the trans fluid too. Get some mitsi SPIII or even better, Amsoil ATF
Hayley just so you know, Mitsubishi designed the AT gearboxes and rear diffs to use genuine Diamond Queen ATF SPIII High Friction Modified (HFM) lubricant. The only ATF SPIII that we're aware of that meets or exceeds this spec is Amsoil ATF SPIII. So use Amsoil by preference, or Mitsubishi ATF SPIII from any Mitsi dealership if you can't get hold of Amsoil (there's a thread dedicated to Amsoil in the General Questions sub-forum).

And finally I'll just say when buying second-hand cars, servicing is EVERYTHING if you don't want to find yourself stranded in the middle of no-where late one night...

G

Unregistered
gonna check all my levels tomorow, il check the dip stick and see if i can tell how bad it is from that, but ether way il pop down to the gawler ultra tune and book it in for a service.... but if they say what the hell is a legnum im running out the door and driving to golden grove lol il also make sure that they put in that ATF SPIII..... might take the bottle with me :)
il also take some long awaited pics and post them up in the mebers rides section, just discovered today that my paint had a metalic green flec through it :) sooo pretty

G

Unregistered
il also take some long awaited pics and post them up in the mebers rides section, just discovered today that my paint had a metalic green flec through it :) sooo pretty
lol :D

oh and haley, what other stations can you get? i can only get 1323 cruize fm (lol) and 5AA (1395am) with bob francis :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
And ABC Radio National - one time I did an interview with Peter Goers about Drifting and all the import drivers secretly listening all came out the woodwork lol

G

Unregistered
lol :D

oh and haley, what other stations can you get? i can only get 1323 cruize fm (lol) and 5AA (1395am) with bob francis :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

5AA damn your lucky, i can only get COST FM, TRIPLE B and some weird Spanish one, we ended up tuning in the tv and listening to tigger cartoons and video hits when we went camping lol now if i could just figure out how to make the tv actual come out so i can watch it, il be set!
its not so bad now, i figured out how to make my stacker work so dont need the radio anymore :)

G

Unregistered
yeah, ive been listening to cd's for about 3 months now and its slowly starting to do my head in haha.

lucky you managed to work the tv/tv tuner...mine doesnt want to play along and be nice and work :(

G

Unregistered
yeah, ive been listening to cd's for about 3 months now and its slowly starting to do my head in haha.

lucky you managed to work the tv/tv tuner...mine doesnt want to play along and be nice and work :(

yeah but listening to whinie the pooh and friends is never as great as watching it :ROFLMAO:

G

Unregistered
um a $25 transmission modulator will enable you guys to tune into aussie radio stations. It will plug into the usual antenna slot and your antenna into the device and presto all but 107.9 and safm I think.

G

Unregistered
um a $25 transmission modulator will enable you guys to tune into aussie radio stations. It will plug into the usual antenna slot and your antenna into the device and presto all but 107.9 and safm I think.

where can i get one of them from tommo? is it really that simple? every one has said its really expensive to get it fixed, so i wasn't gonna bother...

my baby is all booked in for a service with my local ultra tune, almost ran for the hills when he said " legnum.... wtf is that" but then i showed him and he said they have a couple of vr4 galants come in for servicing all the time so im gonna let them have the pleasure ;) figure i should support my local :)
il let yas know if it fixes my shudders.

G

Unregistered
where can i get one of them from tommo? is it really that simple? every one has said its really expensive to get it fixed, so i wasn't gonna bother...

my baby is all booked in for a service with my local ultra tune, almost ran for the hills when he said " legnum.... wtf is that" but then i showed him and he said they have a couple of vr4 galants come in for servicing all the time so im gonna let them have the pleasure ;) figure i should support my local :)
il let yas know if it fixes my shudders.
jaycar sell them. ill be getting one shortly (been meaning to but never got aruond to it)

apparently they have a few and can get all aussie radio stations to play :)

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
It's a small box with two wires and one socket.

One splices into power (12v).

The socket is where you hook the radio antennae to (unhooking the one going to the back of your stereo). The last wire has the plug that goes from this small box into the back of your head unit. Effectively, this lil' box splices in-between your antennae and head unit.

I picked it up from Super-Cheap Auto for $20.00 last year.

It adds 20MHz to your FM stereo frequency. For example, TripleJ in Melbourne is 107.5MHz, so I tune it as 87.5MHz, Nova 100 is 100.3MHz, so I tune to 80.3MHz, etc...

However, you can run into problems if your higher-frequency stations just happen to clash with those community-related FM stations in the 80.0MHz-89.9MHz range :)

Sydo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
Me Crazy
Invest in a new head unit. You know you're going to eventually anyway.

G

Unregistered
you can get 10 and 15mhz ones too.

i just bought a new head unit though, the jap one with its sav nav telling me i was in the ocean off the coast of japan was a tad annoying...

G

Unregistered
nah i like the head unit in mine :) its pretty good and ties in with all the rest of the system

G

Unregistered
you can get 10 and 15mhz ones too.

i just bought a new head unit though, the jap one with its sav nav telling me i was in the ocean off the coast of japan was a tad annoying...
lol so's mine. i just turned off the sound :ROFLMAO:

G

Unregistered
ok car is going in for a trans flush today..... was originally booked in for a service but then found out that trans wasn't included :( so gonna do oil filter and all the other odds and sods myself.
does anyone one know the specs of the oil filter i need?

oh and just quickly my tv started working yesterday........... started my car and the damn thing poped out and flipped up..... scared the crappers out of me lol but now all it has is a white screen with no picture :(

Top Bottom