Power Supply Help!!!!!!

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
Actually, the case is excellently designed & a piece of cake to work on. Everything folds out like a pop-up book.

The standard video is onboard & only a GMA3000, so I wanted something with more grunt. A Radeon HD5450 is about the best I can do with a PCI-E 1x slot. It's a small-form factor videocard designed for SFF computers.

I've given up trying to find something that will fit inside. I can get a power supply & sit it just outside the case with some short extenders to minimise power loss. That's my best option.
If I blow it up, well shit.

Ernz1981

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ernz
Drive
1997 Galant VR4
oh yeh....could you please post up a pic...i'm curious to see.

does it have liquid cooling pipes for the cpu heatsink too (like some of the shuttles)?

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
I've done similar Brad. My htpc/torrent box is a HP DC7100 small form factor ex govt. from graysonline with a Sapphire Radeon HD 4350 512mb low profile for 1080p etc. Stock PSU and it runs fine. Most likely not an overly power hungry card. I don't expect much from it beyond decoding/encoding video, I've never bothered with 3d intensive stuff as ultimately it's a sff card. If you need more grunt then it's time to build a full size box.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
If you have to run a power supply externally, get one with modular cables so you dont have a big mess of cables.
Might be a long shot, but maybe IBM is still is using that case on newer more powerful PCs? And has an uprated psu to suit? Might be worth contacting them.

Top Bottom