problems with BOV

mitsulegnum

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
scott
Drive
1999 mitsubishi legnum
Hi,

Just wondering if some one could help me out. i am having a weird problem with BOV's on my legnum. I had the engine rebuilt about 8 months ago due to a faulty water pump which went bust and caused the timing belt to skip a few teeth and bend all my valves. Before then i use to run a greddy type s which i had no problems with but since the rebuild it makes a only a slight woosh noise, also tried a turbosmart type 1 bov and it makes the same noise. When i fitted up the stanard recirc bov it makes the same noise as well which it werid as it recirc and not VTA like the others.
The car seems to be holding boost fine, the only difference since the rebuild is that we have fitted up a large greddy FMIC.

Is there the chance of a boost leak that could cause this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

scotty

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
Is the vacuum line connected properly to the bov and elsewhere? There is a vacuum line under the throttle body I've missed a couple of times which made mine do the same thing, and I was not registering any boost on my gauge.

Sounds like it's simply not opening the BOV if the sound is a weird short ttsssswwww sort of sound?

mitsulegnum

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
scott
Drive
1999 mitsubishi legnum
The vac line to the bov is on fine. I am recording boost fine on the gauge. But the noise is the same as what you said a short ttsssswww.
I might have to go through and check all vac lines again.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom