[QLD] Dyno Day - 19 Jan Results Discussion

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
What boost is that on? Also, does your car only have a cat back exhaust and stock intake? If so that's impressive!

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Ha ha ha ..I am going to have to go to my boss and say I need a pay raise.....
" Why do you need a raise......I need more stuff for my car sir...."

G

Unregistered
dissappointed so far am aiming at over 180- 185 with current mods but still have more tuning. Mainly having trouble sustaining over 12 psi with the turbos. I am chasing up the dump pipes that RPW are making as that is probably the only way to get more boost without upgrading turbos...

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Do you notice higher fuel consumption?
Remember that with us auto's we do lose out to the boys with the manuals...unless we can sabotage....oopps PM me about that (kidding)...ha ha ha ha

G

Unregistered
spikes up to about 16 or seventeen but falls back to about 12-13 . I need those dump pipes so that the turbos can hold higher boost. Just have cat back so far and a pod filter but its old and dirty and has nothing to keep it cool yet. With dump pipes and more tuning want to hold at least 15-16 psi and get lots more power..and yes the fuel economy does suffer.:(

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
yeah I am mounting my POD right in the cold air line away from the engine...to much hot air killing my KW's ... you are going to have to build an inclosure for that filter or mount lower down.

G

Unregistered
Careful about mounting it too low..friend did that and drove through a puddle on road , took a gulp of water and that is goodbye for your engine, unrepairable his piston came out of the side of the block because it was trying to compress water.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
can't we use water as the petrol? I know someone, somewhere is doing something about that.. :D

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
No he was killed by the oil companies years ago!

Top Bottom