[QLD] Dyno Day - 19 Jan Results Discussion

Mel-D

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mel
Drive
2012 Ford Focus ST Manual,Tangerine. Evo 6 Blue manual.Had 2004 XR6 Falcon M11 Auto,Yellow GT stripes. 1999 Legnum Manual,White
I'm thinking about it. But I got 2 problems. 1. no ready cash and 2. got to get it past Mel. I know which is the bigger problem
No ready cash the bigger I hope you mean, and the time without car Kids goin back to school on Tuesday.

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
So now that I have upgraded my car....when is the next Dyno Day?
Now running
Boost Controller
Front Mount Intercooler
Apexi ARFC2 - Thanks Christian!!! This guy rocks!
The change in fuel economy vs power is amazing...just with general setup I have gone almost 200km on 1/4 a tank!
Next will be cooler hard piping...soon.....

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Good stuff Kevin!

I wasn't planning on another dyno day for six months or so to give people a chance (especially me lol) to mod their cars a bit.

But feel free to book yourself a run on a dyno and show off!

cheers

Lee

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
ha ha ha I will wait till I get the piping done.....6 months should be right!! he he watch out boys...well actually I just want to get to about 155 or so then I would be happy, autos apparently loose a bit from the transfer case so I will take that into account for my low performance.

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
and also that your ecu is tuned to 260hp..

try to get hold of a FL ECU.. dunno how much it'll cost though..

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Well I have an excuse then...so when I beat you guys..........

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
he he he he sorry .....IF.....I think Christian will be a bit hard to catch! Go Christian...with the new cooler and piping it will be good to see how much more you get!!

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
errr.. wouldn't me much from you.. coz we've got the same setup now.. well your cooler's a "bit" bigger... hehe

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Well size doesen't matter does it.....ha ha ha

G

Unregistered
I have booked in to get the Intercepter from Chiptorque on the 18th of Feb. Also going to change the piping and possibly intercooler before then too. Will be interesting to see the increases. Matt from Chiptorque says we should get between 15 and 30 kw ATW increase with just the intercepter running the same boost as now.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Sweet! Man I wish I could get one as well - are you allowed to say how much it's costing or is it a special "guinea pig" price?

cheers

Lee

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
I requested a "pricing" from them and they never came back to me......

G

Unregistered
It's supposed to be $1600 fitted and dynoed with high boost low boost setup and all graphs I think. I'm getting a better deal being the first but I'm guessing its all negotiable...

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I spoke to them when i was there on Tuesday and i think $1600 will be the price for everyone in a group buy.

Where is the tuning at so far, give us an update??

Top Bottom