Recaro Seats

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
Just brought these off trade me, 2004 gsr lancer Recaro seats. Am pretty happy that i found a set of these hopefully there isnt to much stuffing around with brackets and stuff. Will post more pics when i get them next week :p

Attachments

• 81864672_full.jpg
    81864672_full.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 148
  • 81864736_full.jpg
    81864736_full.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 81864789_full.jpg
    81864789_full.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 144

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Nice one. I don't usually think much of this design (not aggressive enough for me, bolsters don't look like they'd do a whole lot) but these look good with the Ralliart embroidery!

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
Yeah hopefully they are supportive, but i was more wanting to keep with the face lift interior i have. But i guess ill find out :)

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
They look the same as the stock recaro seats in our VR4s. They're quite supportive and I'm sure you'll be very happy with them.

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
yeah cant wait for them to arrive! they look like the standard recaro's that are in the vr4's

G

Unregistered
i have acess to a set of like new mint Recaros fronts only from a Cedia Lancer Wagon,if anyone is still hunting round,ofcourse the rails need changing tho

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
Just a heads up, obviously the rails on these dont fit our cars , so i have taken my car into a workshop to get installed prof and man have they had a nightmare of a time trying to make rails for it to fit! So just keep the money factor ot time factor to make these fit!
Should get it back tomorrow hopefully!
will post pics.

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
Finally got the seats all in! Awesome job done by a company called Mendoza Mechanical in Upper Hutt, NZ.

They where able to use the rails that came with the seats, and it all look surprisingly like factory!
Good price for $300 all up :)

Attachments

• P1000747 Web.JPG
    P1000747 Web.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 138
  • P1000744 web.jpg
    P1000744 web.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 174
  • P1000751 web.jpg
    P1000751 web.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 157
  • P1000752 web.jpg
    P1000752 web.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 143

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Definitely fits in well with the back seats! Good work mate :D They look awesome

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Could easily pass for factory, well done.

Tom

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
New: 2006 BMW 335i M-Sport | Old: 2000 Galant VR4, MY04 STI WRX, 2009 Audi A4 2.7tdi
$300 all up including the seats and installation? or $300 just installation?

Looks great! How supportive are they?

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
$700nz for seats, $300nz for installation.
Ive found the seats to be very snug actually compared to the standard ones. Taken a little bit of gettin use to, but they do really hold onto very well.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
when moneys good for me again im definately doing something like this..

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Yeah I would love a nice pair of Recaros from an Evo or the like. At least if you sell your car down the track you can find some that look like near stock.

G

Unregistered
i have a set exactly like that up for grabs,its on my listings in the trader area

jaygore

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jamie
Drive
1998 Series 2 Pearl White Legnum
looks very good mate, the legnum im looking at has recaros in it from an evo 5, although i havent seen them yet and not sure if they look similar to this or not,

if anyone could shed some light on this for me and whether they are similar or completely different thanks (im checking the car out on wedndesday)

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I need to change the seats on the Legnum, preferably to Recaros to keep it looking stock but they are hard as hell to find. Im a lanky bloke and the seats in the Leggy are reasonably comfortable, but definitely a little wide for me. After sitting in a GTR seat in a mates car I think ALL VR4's should have came with sports seat, considering how hard and fast they are able to corner.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I was a bit sad when I hopped in my old 2nd gen Magna while the Leggy was off the road because the seats hug you perfectly. Not uncomfortable for long trips and supportive for corners, although the old Magna never cornered anywhere near the speed of the Legnum.

Top Bottom