Recaro Seats

G

Unregistered
I know there is a lot of chatter about recaro's on here... and thats sweet.. but does anyone know if bride seats will fit alright in our cars???

king_panther

Gettin' tanked
First Name
Brad
Drive
2012 VW Caddy 1.6TDI 7-Speed DSG. Still crappy DSG.....
I know there is a lot of chatter about recaro's on here... and thats sweet.. but does anyone know if bride seats will fit alright in our cars???

Can't speak from experience, but I'm pretty sure Adam's blue PROS Galant has had Bride's fitted into them from looking at the photos.

Try hitting him up for info maybe ?

G

Unregistered
Recaros have a hard plastic back and are vented aswell,most recaros even have a mounting for an electric fan or even an active bass speaker but the seats are well fabricated with alot of venting areas

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant

I'm pretty sure there are Bride rails available so yes, they will fit. Personal preference I guess but I'll take Brides over Recaros any day of the week. I have 2 in my Silvia (a Zeta II and a Brix) and they are magnificent seats.

G

Unregistered
Can't speak from experience, but I'm pretty sure Adam's blue PROS Galant has had Bride's fitted into them from looking at the photos.

Try hitting him up for info maybe ?

Oh k sweet... thanks for that

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I'm pretty sure there are Bride rails available so yes, they will fit. Personal preference I guess but I'll take Brides over Recaros any day of the week. I have 2 in my Silvia (a Zeta II and a Brix) and they are magnificent seats.

Agreed, i have a Vios 3 in my Sil80 along with a GTR seat
IMG_0934-1.jpg

Here are my Gias seat's I've lent to a mate to try in his 31
Gias001.jpg

Gias2.jpg

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
those bride seats look awesome

any idea what the bolt hole spacings are for the seat? Im trying to find them online so i can check them against the stock VR4 recaro rails but im having no luck finding specs

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
those bride seats look awesome

any idea what the bolt hole spacings are for the seat? Im trying to find them online so i can check them against the stock VR4 recaro rails but im having no luck finding specs

I think you'll find that most bottom mount Bride seats will be the same as Recaros. I have to take my Brix out of the Silvia at some stage so I'll see what I can find out for you if you want.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
The Bride seats look mad, but are they fixed backs or reclinable? I was looking at brides but my car is a daily and they just look too extreme for a street car imo. Also they have massive high sides, i'm pretty tall so it looks like a challenge just to get in a car with Brides in it lol.
If I was serious about tracking a car the Brides look more suitable.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
The Bride seats look mad, but are they fixed backs or reclinable? I was looking at brides but my car is a daily and they just look too extreme for a street car imo. Also they have massive high sides, i'm pretty tall so it looks like a challenge just to get in a car with Brides in it lol.
If I was serious about tracking a car the Brides look more suitable.

There's no such thing as a "Bride seat", just as there is no such things as a "Recaro seat". Each brand has several different models. If you want a reclinable Bride with low thigh bolsters, you'd be best to look at the:

XAX

e46ags.jpg

Ergo

e44ags.jpg

or Euro

BRIDE%20EURO%20II%20Reclining%20Seat.jpg

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I've already bought Recaros but those do look like comfy seats! Much the same style as the seats i've got coming, so I see what you mean.

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
The Gias are reclinable, used by Nomuken in in the Blitz R34, not that i'm onto drifting, but some people are.
I pickd reclinable as they keep the back seats legal. Fixed back can be legal as well, just need to updage the seat status of your car to 2 ;)
The Gias take a little bit more effort getting into but nothing like my bucket.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum

I have a Bride rail sitting in the cupboard waiting for me to stop being a Jew and buy a nice Recaro SR3/4 or Bride...

:D

G

Unregistered
I just wish the stock Recaro's had a height adjustment or sat lower in the car as Pauls evo seats sit a lot lower than mine.

HHmm Simons Gias would look good in a Facelift with red/black interia. Want to swap haha

G

Unregistered
hey guys

Im looking at bride ergo purely because from what ive read they have a slightly wider seat pan on them and lets face it, im not a twiggy jap driver... need a little bit more for my western hips to fit in... ive sat in a bucket styled seat and it choked certain parts of my anatomy that id like to keep...

has anyone had experience with the ergo's that has some height and slight baby making hips????

the euro's actually look pretty comfy too come to think of it

G

Unregistered
Well if anyone wants to swap a set of Bridge's for stock recaro's+$ let me know.

Top Bottom