Recaro Seats

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
By the way, does anyone know what it would cost me approx to slow ship two Recaros to Oz from New Zealand? It's hard to find a decent set in OZ and a set in NZ have caught my eye.

G

Unregistered
By the way, does anyone know what it would cost me approx to slow ship two Recaros to Oz from New Zealand? It's hard to find a decent set in OZ and a set in NZ have caught my eye.
if your fast and want the set i got,i can include it in Scottys shipment then you can just pay him some money for the extra,if so contact him asap and arrange,otherwise youll be looking at bout 2-300 for freight
hope this helps
~Q~

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B

Once it gets to Oz, you'll be raped by customs and quarantine as I was when I brought my Evo 5 Recaros across from NZ. I'll dig up my paperwork and let you know what you'll be up for.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Thanks Paul, appreciate it mate!
Oh and Quinton do you have the Recaros posted up somewhere?, because I haven't been able to see them in the traders section or for sale section. Anyways i've sent you a PM.

G

Unregistered
Oh and Quinton do you have the Recaros posted up somewhere?, because I haven't been able to see them in the traders section or for sale section. Anyways i've sent you a PM.

here ya go matey

Attachments

• IMG_4124.JPG
    IMG_4124.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 63

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
These seats are really fairly tight on the body. The set ive got must have been new as one set is really really tight and started to get un comftable after a long 5 hour drive, where as the other one is prefect.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B

No worries. As promised, here's what I paid in customs fees:

Port Service Charges: $126.50
Customs Clearance fee: $125.00
Quarantine Permit: $45.00

All GST inclusive.

Keep in mind that this is on top of your freight charge.

This was done by Republic Freight Systems Pty Ltd. It's just a husband/wife team and they were awesome to deal with. Really friendly and made the whole thing a breeze.

If you want to use them, just call 02 9700 8188. It's a shiteload easier using a broker than doing it yourself as there's a ridiculous amount of forms to fill out (he showed me) and if you get a tick in the wrong box or spell something wrong etc, they can knock back the whole thing.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
OK well thats a kick in the bum. Lot of money for fees! Ah well I'm still gunna get these seats as it's too hard to find a set in Oz. Do you have to pay these fees upon pickup of package or when package is sent?

EDIT: Karl im a lanky mofo so hopefully these Recaros should fit me perfectly.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Well looks like I should have my Recaros posted out from NZ in couple of days. I've had a look and i think they are the same as out of an Evo 7, look nice and comfy anyways. Doesn't match my interior but I have the grey/black interior so it should still look OK. Maybe hunt down some red doorcards and backseat later on if I can be bothered.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
OK well thats a kick in the bum. Lot of money for fees! Ah well I'm still gunna get these seats as it's too hard to find a set in Oz. Do you have to pay these fees upon pickup of package or when package is sent?

You pay it on pickup. The customs and quarantine fees aren't confirmed until all the work is done unfortunately.

The fees do suck, but you end up with great seats. My seats would've ended up around $1200 all up, including buying rails etc, but I'm still over the moon with them and I'd happily pay that again if I had to.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Older Mitsubishi seats seem to have higher sides which hold you in better, simple design but they do hold you tight. If they didn't look terrible I might have considered picking up cheap 2nd gen Magna seats for the VR4, but I guess you could retrim them. Dunno how easy it would be to mount them though.

karlous54

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Karl
Drive
2000 Vr4 Manuel
The seats out of the ralliart DIAMANTE are fairly good. Is there any difference compared to the standard models? Be very hard to get a hold of though

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Older Mitsubishi seats seem to have higher sides which hold you in better, simple design but they do hold you tight. If they didn't look terrible I might have considered picking up cheap 2nd gen Magna seats for the VR4, but I guess you could retrim them. Dunno how easy it would be to mount them though.

They're not even that close to fitting. I had spare 2nd gen magna seats, they're a fair bit off.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I never even looked, Recaro's were always the first option. But yeah I could imagine they'd have to be modified a fair bit.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Anyone know what surface the back of the Recaros generally are? My set should be on the way soon and just wanted to know if they've got the plastic on the back like the normal VR4 seats or something different. Hate the plastic backs on the normal seats, get scratched so easily by clumsy passengers/kids.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Not to mention looking ugly as hell... What were Mitsubishi thinking with those?? At least they decided to make their worst aesthetic design decision somewhere most people won't notice ;)

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
They aren't too bad looking when they are clean and not scratched, very shiny lol. A hard fabric back or something would be better for durability though.
Karl (bloke who started thread) what are the back of your Recaros made from? Have the same ones as you on the way and i'm curious.

Top Bottom