Replacing the clutch

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Cheers dude! Much appreciated, again, sorry for the mix up :D *Throws a bucket of water over you* lol :ROFLMAO:

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
I got my clutch from Kudos as well. Quick and easy. I didn't actually shop around much; I just went by Trav et. al. saying his prices were good.

My only complaint was how much cheaper the clutches for Nissans were :(

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
I'm thinking I may go completely overboard and look at OS Giken. I do hardly any city/heavy traffic driving. Almost all my driving is cruisy/winding country roads and it'll be awesome for the strip/track. Fully rebuildable too with the lightened flywheel.

The best price I've found so far is about $1600 to my door. A lot of money, but CHEAP for what it is.

G

Unregistered
I'm thinking I may go completely overboard and look at OS Giken. I do hardly any city/heavy traffic driving. Almost all my driving is cruisy/winding country roads and it'll be awesome for the strip/track. Fully rebuildable too with the lightened flywheel.

The best price I've found so far is about $1600 to my door. A lot of money, but CHEAP for what it is.
Overboard, you going for the quad plate clutch? :ROFLMAO:

What part number is the one your looking at getting?

http://www.otomoto.com.au/osgiken/

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Get ready for a few questions Brad lol

How does it drive?
What did you get?
How much was it?

Thanks! :D

G

Unregistered
he doesnt know, (it hasnt been fitted)
years ago,
bloodly expensive.

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
rofl that's awesome, thanks Carsten and Brad :p

I may just go the HD Button to save cash for now and later when I can afford to go haywire with mods I'll get the twin.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
When I get the custom ratios finalised I'll put it in. No point in putting it in when my current clutch is working fine.

G

Unregistered

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
All the info I've gotten about these is that you could slip them. Apparently the HDB's are a jittery clutch naturally. I never had a shudder with the HDCB in ym magna, but it didn't have anywhere NEAR the torque we have.

I've finally decided to go the HDCB route for now. The OS Giken one can be had for about $1550 delivered, but then you need the pull-to-push converter (or the other way around), which adds almost $500 to the clutch cost. And since I'm not pushing figures to warranty it just yet, I'll leave it till later, so I finally have money to start work on the split dump/front pipes. :D Oh and FINALLY fit the brembos!

G

Unregistered
A great cheaper option, correct me if I'm wrong.

Horsepower Rating: 396 0HP / Torque Capacity: 398 ft/lbs
It provides a smooth engagement yet it can holds 50%+ more power over stock clutches.
Carbonized kevlar

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...50271254585&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

US$451 clutch and flywheel kit
US$134 postage to Australia 4-14 days
Thats about AU$600 all up +spacer +installation

F1-52025R1+FX.jpg

Spacer needed as its an evo8 clutch kit

Attachments

• Flywheel spacer.jpg
    Flywheel spacer.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 43

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
2005 Liberty 3.0R Spec B
Wow that's bloody cheap! Is it "too" cheap though? Sorry to be a pain, just that this is an extremely important part of the car

Top Bottom