ROBS 6a13tt TWIN GARRETT UPGRADE

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
did you divide by zero when you wrote that post?

HAHAHA. That is the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Will be great to see the outcome of this, pioneering the way.

just a side note on those V clamps, thats aircraft tech used on jet turbine components that have substantial temperatures applied to them. Should hold up well to what you want.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Got some more pics of latest progress but first to answer some questions

Trevor im aiming at 300+awkw with the auto if all goes well.

Tomas if you were talking about my car I will be using a full stand alone ECU not a piggy back.

Steve P its all good buddy(y)

Now some pics. Here is the front turbo and manifold. The manifold was a prick to fab cos its so small but steam pipe was used and looks weren't important, flow was.
07052010101.jpg
07052010103.jpg

This is the rear turbo mounted. Check out the gap between the firewall and turbo there is almost a 2.5" gap no need to bash in the fire wall.
07052010102.jpg

next pics will be of the new oil and coolant lines.

07052010101.jpg
07052010103.jpg
07052010102.jpg

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
What are your plans with radiator and fans etc?

I may have also missed but what are you doing for heat shields on the turbo's? Or are you putting bags on the exhaust housings?

P.S, they are MASSIVE compared to our pee shooters.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
What are your plans with radiator and fans etc?

I may have also missed but what are you doing for heat shields on the turbo's? Or are you putting bags on the exhaust housings?

P.S, they are MASSIVE compared to our pee shooters.
The custom manifolds really save lots of space so there is no need to trim fans or move the radiator. If your talking about water temp I think the stock radiators work very well.

As for the heat shields I think I might leave the front one off and for the rear a custom heat shield might be fabricated.

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Why did you not opt for a more tuned length on the manifolds? Surely with a little bit of 'octopus'-ing, you could get them neatly and create better flow? The front manifold looks like it wouldn't flow all that well?

Good on you for taking this on, as with everyone else, very excited to see the outcome.

Also, any shots of the rear manifold?

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Why did you not opt for a more tuned length on the manifolds? Surely with a little bit of 'octopus'-ing, you could get them neatly and create better flow? The front manifold looks like it wouldn't flow all that well?

Good on you for taking this on, as with everyone else, very excited to see the outcome.

Also, any shots of the rear manifold?

Hey Joel yeah we tried for tuned lengths but there simply isn't enough room to fit them in especially once everything like the radiator and fans are put back in. Trust me dude that manifold flows very nicely, and sorry man no shots of the rear manifold.

sanchez

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
rodrigo
Drive
legnum
That looks absolutely awesome! Big ups for jumping in the deep end, I've been given the inspiration!

SLY-031

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joel
Drive
VR-4 Legnum
Hey Joel yeah we tried for tuned lengths but there simply isn't enough room to fit them in especially once everything like the radiator and fans are put back in. Trust me dude that manifold flows very nicely, and sorry man no shots of the rear manifold.

Easy as ;) Keep those pics coming mate.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Congrats on the project, looks like it's going well so far, am looking forward to seeing what sort of power it makes like everyone else, also intrigued to know when these turbos make boost. You are definitely set to potentially make a serious amount of power. I'll be keeping an eye on the thread for sure.

kymbo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kym
Drive
98 Galant, S14A 200SX, GC Galant
nice going so far. just wondering roughly how much has it cost to get the custom manifolds made

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
nice going so far. just wondering roughly how much has it cost to get the custom manifolds made
Hey Kim, cos I know the blokes over at CREATD MOTORSPORT they have worked out a package for all labour costs so I don't really know what they cost on their own. I can ask them and get back to you.

Robby you show off :p

:DSteven I am trying to inspire more people to follow in my footsteps:D

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
I got some pics of the new oil and water lines. I would also like to thank all the positive feedback and support from OZVR4 members.

Here's the front oil lines made from bungy tube and the braided water line.
12052010107.jpg
12052010106.jpg

Here are the rear oil lines finished
12052010109.jpg

Here's the cooler bolted in.
13052010110.jpg

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
nice progress, she's gonna howl like a banshee when it comes on. hope you crack the 300 mark....you probably piss it in with some decent tuning

Top Bottom