ROBS 6a13tt TWIN GARRETT UPGRADE

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
I've been lurking in the background watching, waiting...

...drooling

Gratz Rob & CREATD MOTORSPORT for this serious undertaking!

[S]uperMa[N]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Dean
Drive
Legnum VR-4 XD
I'm in your boat!! But as the saying goes, good things come to those who wait! I look forward to this! XD

G

Unregistered
any ideas as to whether this has actually happened or has it flopped??

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
^^ I know that Rob is all over this and has already gone so far. So i doubt it will stop

CLuTZ

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andre
Drive
C73A Lancer GSR, G6E Turbo MK2
I saw the car not so long ago and it had the turbos mounted, and pipe work completed. Those are some fairly decent sized turbos you got there man!

I also know that they are always VERY busy up there at CREATD, so watch this space.....

big vik VR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Victor
Drive
mazda SP20, wanting a Galant
drool.... hopefully wont take too much longer seeing as though you've seen it in that stage :D

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Ok people time for an update, I have been waiting nearly 4 weeks for the auto elec to find some free time to wire up the ecu and finally last Saturday it got done. The Haltech Platinum Sport 1000 successfully got wired in to run the engine and the original ECU was left in to run the auto trans. Dave at RPW and MADHAVE said this could not be done as Dave tried on Madhav's car, but CREATD had no problem wiring up mine.
Here are 2 photos after they finished and fired up the engine. More to come stay tuned.

Attachments

• 12072010121.jpg
    12072010121.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 737
  • 12072010120.jpg
    12072010120.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 733

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
nice, looking forward to some more pictures and final power specs.

Madhav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Madhav
Drive
96 S2 RZ Supra with 500whp
Tried and failed miserably is a more accurate description.

With the old auto it ran great but just didn't shift well at all, was stuck in some weird kind of limp mode....

But yeah congrats on getting it going, you must be seriously excited about getting it on the dyno.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
no wonder the auto electrician put it off so long, look at all those wires! must of been a mission. Good to see everything is still progressing nicely.

jet150

Anyone thirsty?
Premium Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
VR4
Just got a couple of pics of the down pipes. While I was at the shop last week they were moding the cat, re wiring the batt to the boot, changing plugs and making the injectors flow 550cc. I am going to the work shop today, the car should be ready for tuning soon.
16072010122.jpg
16072010123.jpg

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
hmm...if it was me, id move the flexi back to post y pipe.

also, the y joiner seems a bit iffy

but YAY for updates! lets get this out on the roads and eating gtr's

smohekey

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott Mohekey
Drive
Legnum
A flexi in the middle there is a good idea as it helps take up the strain from the pipe flexing between the two hard points of the turbos, when heated. I agree on the y join though, it looks like it will create a bunch of turbulence.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Can't wait to see the results of this!

Are you going to bracket the front pipes to the engine somehow in case you give something a hit, especially with the flex connection? Spose it depends on the intended use of the car too....

G

Unregistered
do u have a better photo of the y-pipe join? from those photo's it looks almost like a 90degree bend/join...however if its a lot less severe and is like a 45degree angle and "goes with the flow", then it might not be so bad...

Top Bottom