[SA] Meet?

G

Unregistered
will be there for the meet point and maybe an hour or two of the cruise route :)

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Drive safe guys! Im insanely jealous, i would give my left nut to take my leggie for a spin right now :p

Awaiting post criuse reports and photos....

Mexican Bob

G

Unregistered
Hey guys

Thanks for letting me crash your meet today, was great to meet you all.

The decision has been made I think, I'll be seriously looking for a Legnum in the not too distant future. Hope it was a good day all.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Well sorry I was so late (1pm :( ) But glad I got there. Was a good run up to Gummeracha - Simon, did you U-turn to catch up to the others when they took the williamstown turn off?

Didn't find it too much stress to keep up with Jason, Im sure he was taking it easy with the Mrs in the car. The SP handled most of the road well, just felt a little loose on some of the bumps (stock springs are just a bit soft at those speeds on the bends)

Hope everyone had fun further towards the Barossa ;)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Great news with the All Jap Day Kristian - Make sure my car is ready for it! Hurry up compliance if you have too :)

Actually, I thought about ringing you on my way out to the meet seeing you were just up the road. Next time I will.

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Cheers guys, I had a blast.
Yeah with the missus in the car I was being a bit gentle, she was nursing a pretty good hangover and was turning green as it was, but I was pretty impressed with the Mazda.
After we turned off and saw Simon go straight we pulled over but he never came back, hope he isn't still out there lol.
Colin, good to see you have signed up, welcome, and were suitably impressed :) Now ya gotta call Kris (IRONCHEF) and get ya order going lol
Really happy with the run though, the slowies were even using the turn out lanes to let us past ............ AMAZING.
That little Pulsar of Steves is a bit of a weapon, I saw it get loose and trying to break traction in 130k+ corners, very well presented car and a seamless conversion.
Once again, cheers guys. Can't wait for the next one.

Oh yeah, pics?? Turns out that when I turned the camera on I was greated with the happy message NO MEMORY CARD :(

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
Simon, did you U-turn to catch up to the others when they took the williamstown turn off?

I kept going as well, as I didnt want to go much further, and also wanted to see how it would go through the Gorge (my usual run in my GSR was up through tea tree gully and then back down through Gorge road).

The car was handling terribly, and I actually was struggling to keep up with Jase and Lee (in the sp23!). So I let Steve go through so I didnt feel like I was holding him up. It got sideways a couple of times, and was failing to get traction. I think it has something to do with the AYC, coz when I got back to the city I could hear the pump in the boot struggling.

When you guys turned off, I figured you would have kept going, as I did say Id only be on the first part of the cruise...cheers for waiting though!

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Well, I had the SLR in the car, but because of the time I got there, I only had enough time to say hi quickly, no pics from me.

G

Unregistered
'twas a good day, apart from the hot weater and scarily high oil temps in the pulsar (at one point it was 125 degrees!!) and engine temps were slowly creeping up on the way back home too - I need an oil cooler!

lee, that sp23 handled quite well for a stock car - i was impressed!

simon, i did notice that on some of the corners the rear end of your car looked abit 'floaty' but you weren't holding me up at all, as i had the gf in the car i was taking it easy around corners (she loves the straights but hates me gunning it around corners)

jase, yes traction was an issue at some points, especailly coming out of corners around the chain of ponds and once coming into lyndoch i think it was (where that fcukhead did a u-turn in front of us!) on boost!

great day...just hope to have the leggie here for the next one however i doubt that :(

gilly

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Simon
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
lee, that sp23 handled quite well for a stock car - i was impressed!

did it ever!

simon, i did notice that on some of the corners the rear end of your car looked abit 'floaty' but you weren't holding me up at all

I wasnt sure if that was due to my tyres (I thought my tyres were quite good), my AYC playing up, or because I dont know how to drive the car yet. Im still not quite used to driving an automatic fast through corners - gimme a 5speed manual any day! I started playing with the tiptronic on the way back which i think helped, but its hard to remember what gear your actually in sometimes.

G

Unregistered
i think the most contributing factor is the 1500kg and ~5m long amount of vehicle we're trying to shove into a reasonably tight corner! :(

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Thanks for the comments on the SP - The cruise just re-itterated why i bought it. Great daily driver with excellent fun in the hills. If it wasnt so hot I would have turned off the A/C and reved it to 7k, not 5,500 like I was :p But still the stock springs were letting it down slightly, with a set of whiteline control springs, reckon I would have a pretty good shot at keeping up at full pace ;)

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
What are people up to tonight?! I have to drop my wife off at Enfield for training (sport) at 7pm, and pick her up at 9pm. If I went home, by the time I got there I would basically have to turn around and come back! Now I know its 40 deg today, so not thinking anything spectacular, just not sure what im going to do for 2 hours!

Any suggestions on what I can do, and if anyone wants to catch up for a while?

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Any suggestions on what I can do, and if anyone wants to catch up for a while?

You could go catch a movie in airconditioned comfort while your wife gets all hot and miserable working out in the heat LOL

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
lol second time now that I've dropped in here just after the meet has been held...

Keep 27 April free guys ;)

http://www.alljapanday.com.au/

Just had another look at the site (after seeing hint on ns.com)
Looks like a great setup for an event... Leggies will have to group up before arriving I think - yes I realise "club" displays aren't allowed - but a line of 3-4 legnums would have to grab attention ;) What do you say chef?

2000VR-4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jason
Drive
1988 Magna (Daily) 1975 GC Galant hardtop (W/End car) 1972 GS Galant hardtop, 1973 Galant GTO X-II, 1978 Galant (Scorpion) hardtop
Legnum's WTF???

Top Bottom