unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
the bolt holes dont line up,

bride style are about 40mm further apart length wise, and about 20mm further in width wise.

easy fix though

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
Think I may have found a solution...

Was just scouring through google and found this handy website..

www.nzkw.com

Had universal seat rails to suit any seat - bride, recaro etc, but to suit specific car. The Galant 6A13 was listed...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Im guessing that was for genuine brides right? How different can the base of a Bride style vs. genuine Bride be?

Do the VR-4's share a similar seating rail position with another car at all?

not sure since ours have that extra hump in the middle due to the tail shaft and exhaust.. you can try though..

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
Think I may have found a solution...

Was just scouring through google and found this handy website..

www.nzkw.com

Had universal seat rails to suit any seat - bride, recaro etc, but to suit specific car. The Galant 6A13 was listed...

yup you could get them through there or just go to auto barn

those 'rails' usually are just the two sliders and the grab bar, you hav to weld up mounts and tabs yourself

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
no, they dont

the "direct copies" hav different bases

That is not my experience with the Holfords Zeta frame copy. The bolt holes (bear in mind this is a side mount seat) were in exactly the same position, and the width of the seat was exactly the same. The genuine Bride (Model VL) rail bolted 100% perfectly to the copy seat.

I'm pretty sure that would be the story with the bottom mount seats too.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
ahh i see, nah mines a base mount and it didnt mount up

i hav emailed NZKW, this is what you get from them

front.JPG

(front)
right.JPG

(right side)
left.JPG

(left side)
rear.JPG

(rear)

so you need a set of universal sliders from autobarn or ebay or something and everything should be dandy...should be

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Sick, cheers for the photos Paul, I emailed the bloke as well but hasnt got back to me yet.

I've got the universal sliders/rails so it's all good. What seats do you have? With this thing in place, it looks like the seats might sit a touch higher or would you say they're perfect? At least I might still have at least 78mm to fit an active sub.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
if you hav to go up then thats no problem, but id say (pending your type of seat) these would sit about 20 to 30mm lower then stock.

i hav a bride ergo copy and two ADR approved R34 gtr style seats. im a seat whore lol

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
So that black bit bolts to the floor of the car and your universal sliders bolt to that plate then the sliders bolt to the seat?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
correct, but i hav a feeling, for them to be legal and legit, the sliders hav to be welded to the frame

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
correct, but i hav a feeling, for them to be legal and legit, the sliders hav to be welded to the frame

I'd say so too, but who's gonna know! :p

Looks like it's all coming together nice and smooth. Just need to order those bases.

Do you rate the ergos?

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Im trying to cut a deal with those rails, hope he budges!

Donkay

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Don
Drive
Mitsubishi RVR
I know that if you're in qld, or brisbane, 999 automotive can fabricate rails and mounting height to your needs with mod plate (engineers certificate) for 300 each... (or cheaper for the pair) they just need your car for a day

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
stoich motorsport in Burleigh can make custom brackets if you have seats with rails on them. Bought some seats for my lancer with generic rails and they made them fit, around $450-$500 a pair.

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
Well, after much anticipation and mucking around and chasing rails etc, my bride style seats are now in!

Thank god I bought genuine bride rails, needed the seat belt bolts... otherwise I would of been stuffed!

Anyway, pics for the record. Will post more on my profile/page.

D3000 SLR 008.JPG

D3000 SLR 010.JPG

After I drove with them, I felt amazed. Its just amazing how much of a difference the handling of the car feels just from some seats.

Top Bottom