they look pretty low too

also, not bad for fakies

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
Oooooo those seats are the SEX!!! I want some. How much?

$1200 a pair from Holford Motors (vic). He sells themfor 660ea though, I cut him a deal, but Im a regular customer.

Well worth the money.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
LOL i'd almost sacrifice putting a gearbox in and having my car running to put a set of those in .....

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Looks fantastic. Retrim the rest to match and you've got yourself the ultimate VR4 interior.

I can recommend someone to do that job if you're willing to send the stuff to Ballarat, by the way. The guy who did my Silvia. You're looking at between $800-1,000.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Looks fantastic. Retrim the rest to match and you've got yourself the ultimate VR4 interior.

I can recommend someone to do that job if you're willing to send the stuff to Ballarat, by the way. The guy who did my Silvia. You're looking at between $800-1,000.

so tim, how long till you're silvia is missing the passenger seat and the vr4 has a nice red bride in it lol

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Yeah, nah.

The main reason I haven't done anything with the seats in the Galant is that I want the interior to match and don't want to spend the coin on a retrim!

If it was my only car it would be done though, for sure. Because a good seat is literally the best mod you can do.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
Bumping this up as I have been thinking about some seats but I'm not really keen on the VR4 or Evo Recaros. I like the look of the R34 GTR seats but genuine seats are stupid expensive (See here) I also like the look of the Bride XAX or Brix but they too are stupid expensive.

if you hav to go up then thats no problem, but id say (pending your type of seat) these would sit about 20 to 30mm lower then stock.

i hav a bride ergo copy and two ADR approved R34 gtr style seats. im a seat whore lol

I noticed Paul, that you said you had some R34 GTR replicas, are they the Drift "Blade" seats from autobarn? How are they, any good? Quality and build? What rails suit them?

I also noticed people mentioning Holford Motors for bride replicas, and noticed people saying they are great and sometimes better than genuine brides. They seem to have the Brix II for a reasonable price $440ea.

Whatever seat I get I'd be reupholstering it in tan leather to match the rest of my interior.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
Bumping this up as I have been thinking about some seats but I'm not really keen on the VR4 or Evo Recaros. I like the look of the R34 GTR seats but genuine seats are stupid expensive (See here) I also like the look of the Bride XAX or Brix but they too are stupid expensive.

I noticed Paul, that you said you had some R34 GTR replicas, are they the Drift "Blade" seats from autobarn? How are they, any good? Quality and build? What rails suit them?

I also noticed people mentioning Holford Motors for bride replicas, and noticed people saying they are great and sometimes better than genuine brides. They seem to have the Brix II for a reasonable price $440ea.

Whatever seat I get I'd be reupholstering it in tan leather to match the rest of my interior.

i did. but i sold them. being rather picky with seats, they didnt live up to my standards. the frames were ok, they were kinda lightish, but really you got what you paid for.

the fixed back seat i have now is good, but being a fixed back its pretty hardcore. i would only buy decent seats from now on. it'll be worth the money. the bride reps are probably from the same factory, just dont hav the same quality control as actual brides. personally, i wouldnt buy something i cant sit in first.

CANDEE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jeremy
Drive
1998 Galant VR4
I have an AAP seat in mine atm.. not too bad a seat, is pretty low though to the point the missus cant drive the car, and the makes it hard to drive a manaul vr too...

DSC02382a.jpg

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Thing is, I have sat in genuine R34 GTR seats and I found them great. Comfortable and hold well. I really like the look of them too. I guess Ill just have to find some on the cheap, maybe someday.

Anyone ever get Jesse to ship over a pair of seats? How much did it cost?

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
could always get some from super GT in hongkong, they do unbranded versions of recaros and brides. apparently the quality is good, just run the risk of no try before you buy.

r34 gtr seats are so nice. what about bride EURO II?

$800 a peice, and MO rails are about $230 a peice. not a cheap solution, but garunteed quality and bolt in application

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Hmmm, the Euro II look kinda odd to me, I think its the seatbelt holes, besides thats still two large for a couple of chairs. Then I'd have to get the reupholstered to match my leather interior too. :(

Maybe if its not ridiculously expensive on shipping I could pick something up second hand in Jap land and get it on a ship over here and get them covered for a reasonable price. I think I'm going to have to think about this some more.

wendnarb

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ben
Drive
1998 VR4 legnum
I got a quote off streeter for a pair of seats to be sent across and it wasn't cheap at all! If your interested I'm sure I can hunt down the breakdown he sent me

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Damn, thats disappointing :( I wouldn't mind seeing the quote if you have it somewhere please.

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
macca, get a quote for them to be sent via 'Erin's container' to brisbane, i could pick them up and post them to you via e-go. might be cheaper then just normal air or sea freight

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
fella named Erin, runs JDM garage, jesse organises for his containers to be packed and sent over to brisbane. it might cheaper to get them in the container, but dont quote me

Top Bottom