Short circuit

Grey_Ghost

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
1997 Trigger PFL Manual Legnum.
If I were a short circuit in the 10a underbonnet cabin fuse (Guessing it's the constant power circuit) where would I live?

Grey_Ghost

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
Some background. The voltage regulator went. The car went from battery voltage up to 22v briefly, then the 100amp master fuse blew.

The Legnum came home on a towtruck.
Went to swap to the Ssangyong. The Ssangyong came home on a towtruck, so that's out.

I have disconnected the alternator and removed the belt, so we're not stuck until the other car's back. I get about 70 minutes run time a charge.

Replaced the 100a fuse, the 10a keeps blowing. Removed most of the interior fuses (left ayc, abs and the 10a next to ayc fuse) and I'm still measuring 9A through my multimeter (that has non-zero resistance)

Hints on where to look? I need persistent power.

Grey_Ghost

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
At the same time, it constantly hunts. No, I can't scan for codes, as they cease as soon as you turn the ignition off...

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
your wiring's screwed.. simple as that

what is that 10amp fuse for.. there are alot of connections in the engine bay that use 10amp fuse..

the way I picture it, when the voltage spiked to 22v, it screwed something electronic.. so what is not working

Grey_Ghost

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gav
Drive
It's fuse 1, 10A cabin lights. Yes, it was screwed wiring. Unplugging lots of things that are in the giant rat nest made it go away.

The foreground needles in the cluster stopped working, it's now no longer Stormtrooper, you now drive by The Force.

Top Bottom