snapped cambelt

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
haha - with my car it was the same place when popped off, luckily for me i had a philips head screw driver in the car and just needed re-tightening and i spotted it quickly than getting a tow truck.

Bet your happy with that than spending thousands of dollars on a new engine and install ;)

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
i will accept any coments thrown at me as i caused a big fuss over a minor problem.

Ok here are some comments :)

- Don't post in a panic about every little thing your car does. This forum has an enormous amount of information on it, and it has a good search function.

- Read what other people say in their replies before you ask more questions. Twice now I've seen you ask about something that was clearly mentioned in an earlier reply.

- Please use punctuation and paragraph breaks. Your posts are difficult to read as they are. If you make things difficult for the rest of us, we aren't going to want to help you.

- If you put a little bit of effort into learning about your car and this forum, people will make an effort to help you.

Blackbird

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2001 ADM Evo 6.5 Makinen Edition,
2001 Legnum VR-4 Type S Written off,
2000 Legnum VR-4 Type S Manual with 23,489km!!
Great result!
Glad you found the issue and it wasn't the belt...nothing more frightening than a timing belt going...

I can empathize with the posting in a panic... not knowing much about the car and not having the car long would freak a lot of people out...

Derek's right though... there is an awesome amount of info on our cars here, and some tremendously talented guru's that have experienced a lot...

Always have at the very least a simple toolkit in your car... I once owned an MX-83 Cressida.. my toolkit was enough to strip the entire car down if I needed too lol...
damn thing still gives me shivers...

As they say... to ensure peace... you must prepare for war ;)

justin

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
justin
Drive
1999 legnum 2.5 auto
great advice guys, i owe it to u guys and myself to research the car. Im a bit of a noob as being new to this so i do understand things will go wrong.

I intend to keep the car for a while so considering my self lucky, i will change the timing belt and what ever i can to ensure my peace of mind.

I did want to ask, i had the car booked into PULSE RACING at Menai, the mechanics there claimed to have worked on a few legnums there.

I was quoted $3000 for flash drive to then tune it, i think replacing the cars vital mechanic parts would be more sensible spending

justin

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
justin
Drive
1999 legnum 2.5 auto
Yeah i can see how my posts are hard to read, With those who had their car tuned, is it worth $3000, pulse didnt sound convincing at knowing much about these cars,

they did say they were more into doing up wrx's and evos

justin

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
justin
Drive
1999 legnum 2.5 auto
I was unknow to him untill i stumbled across this site , where abouts is he located?

justin

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
justin
Drive
1999 legnum 2.5 auto
Great result!
Glad you found the issue and it wasn't the belt...nothing more frightening than a timing belt going...

I can empathize with the posting in a panic... not knowing much about the car and not having the car long would freak a lot of people out...

Derek's right though... there is an awesome amount of info on our cars here, and some tremendously talented guru's that have experienced a lot...

Always have at the very least a simple toolkit in your car... I once owned an MX-83 Cressida.. my toolkit was enough to strip the entire car down if I needed too lol...
damn thing still gives me shivers...

As they say... to ensure peace... you must prepare for war ;)

Yeah i realize if i had of just had a torch i would of saved my self $100.

Nice, the old cressidas were great,

my first ever car was a corona gtr , i got rid of it regrettably as i have never come across one again,

my cousin had the old square looking cressida, i cant remember what model

but it use to keep up with him, i think thats why i want to see the legnum through

justin

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
justin
Drive
1999 legnum 2.5 auto
ok, i dont know where that is, nothing google cant fix, would he be ok with a noob like me contacting him and giving him a whole lotta parts and saying, install

Most of the parts i will put in myself,

but as for timing belt and spark plugs, i might leave that to the proffesionals

justin

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
justin
Drive
1999 legnum 2.5 auto
Thanx man, I did send him a message on here

Will get parts first, then I shall see what I can do

whats_doing

QLD Events Manager
First Name
Sam
Drive
98 PFL Black Legnum - SOLD
MY15 Hyosung GT650R
Justin, probably best if you don't post 3 times in a row, perhaps read over what everyone has posted and hit the reply button at the end of their post to show whom you are speaking to. You can do it for more than one person.

justin

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
justin
Drive
1999 legnum 2.5 auto
lol roger, i dont type much, ill just post when i gots something descent to say, apolagise

Top Bottom