blue = +12V ignition
red/black = +12V permanent
green/white = lights
black/yellow (thin wire) = unsure
white/blue = left front +ve
black/blue = left front -ve
white/red = right front +ve
black/red = right front -ve

Trying to sort things out and put a cd player in my car, i quickly found i didnt know what the wires were i was looking at (and my cd player doesnt fit properly :p)

This pic shows the plug i have in my car, which i assume is for the stereo (and standard)

P8190003.jpg

Does anyone know the colour coding for the standard wiring? i.e. white with red stripe - accessory power, blue is ....etc etc. bit of a long shot seeing as so few people have their cars but worth a go.

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
It can be difficult to nut out the wires, i normally start with the power wires, measure any volts going in with a meter, normally with a plug the wires for speakers will be in two's form the opposite end to power. acc lights etc i just trial and error pretty much. not that any of this proberly helps but hey its what i do

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
LOL usually i do the the same, but thought there might be someone around that knows and can save me a bit of time/a few fuses :S

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I think this is what your looking for,

yellow/red = right rear spkr +ve
grey/red = right rear spkr -ve
yellow/blue = left rear spkr +ve
grey/blue = right rear spkr -ve
white/black = signal (antenna)
white/blue (thin wire) = unsure
blue = +12V ignition
red/black = +12V permanent
green/white = lights
black/yellow (thin wire) = unsure
white/blue = left front +ve
black/blue = left front -ve
white/red = right front +ve
black/red = right front -ve

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Thats exactly what im looking for Steve, love your work :D

Wanna know what im doing next saturday arvo.....? lol

G

Unregistered
Or you could ask someone in NZ to go to Repco for you and get a couple of adaptor kits... I got one for mistsi (plugs straight into that plug you've photographed) and one for panasonic (plugs straight into the stereo) and they just join in the middle. It took 10 minutes to put the stereo in and cost $30 (and another 2 hours to trace the fault in the right front speaker to the wire in the door-jamb rubber):D

They're made by "raptor installation accessories" if you want to google for them

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
You might find that those plugs are available over here in Oz as well. Check out the usual aotobahns etc and if no luck tan a stereo installation place should definately have them. They would much prefer to plug them in than solder or crimp the wires together. Does anyone know if the plugs are the same as the magnas or other mitsu cars?

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
i got adaptor/harness for my Alpine H/U at Northfield at Mt Gravatt..

i think you can use the 96+ Magna dual adaptor..

it has the power antenna, backlight dimmer on one connector and on the other Front & Rear Speakers (L&R) as well as the power, ignition and negative..

G

Unregistered
yes all the mitsi plugs are the same...
im using on i had in my 6g galant.
also used the same in a FTO.

the only ones you have to watch out for are the sat-nav/indash tv type.
which i beleive have different wiring?

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Sweet, I had heard that the FTO harness would fit. Good luck over the weekend Dion, take some pictures for us all to gawk over.

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
might have to stop at autobahn or something on the way home from work saturday, sounds like it makes life a lot easier.

I think i might be missing some brackets and stuff though, there is nothing in the stereo 'hole' to support the deck.

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
Oh bugger, looks like a stop at bunnings for some aluminium too. It wouldne be that hard to whip up a little frame with some supports running back to the firewall, You could even make it uber-theft proof.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
probably worth while making this a sticky so people can find it in the future.

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
might have to stop at autobahn or something on the way home from work saturday, sounds like it makes life a lot easier.

I think i might be missing some brackets and stuff though, there is nothing in the stereo 'hole' to support the deck.

hey, can you let me know if you find any of those adapters, it would be good to know where to get them.

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
I installed my stereo yesterday, went to autobahn and got a Mitsubishi adapter, one that just plugs straight onto the plug in the first post, just had to cut the plugs off the other end and then match up the colored wires to my pioneer plug and it is all go!

The wire list that snickells posted is correct, for reference connect the blue wire from the plug to the system remote wire and that powers the signal booster and if you want your screen to be able to play DVD's ect when driving just connect the handbrake wire to any earth. ( I'm not encouraging this as it is dangerous, but i know people will want to know) :p

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
hey, can you let me know if you find any of those adapters, it would be good to know where to get them.

i think they are a bit of a waste of time. With the wiring guide on the first page, you can directly link up the wires between the deck loom and the car loom.

The connecter plugs dont save you having to connect and solder wires together, like i thought it did.

I fried a few fuses on the weekend trying to put my deck in and ended up giving up :p But on the upside, its the same fuse that controls the annoying dinging sound when you leave the keys in the ignition :) but on the downside the ignition barrel light doesnt work so its hard to find the key hole in the dark :(

G

Unregistered
The connecter plugs dont save you having to connect and solder wires together, like i thought it did.
You can get those ones over here too... complete waste of time... what you need are the 2 seperate packets;)

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
It was easier to connect the wires up sitting inside at a table or something than trying to do it with your hands stuck inside the dash..

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
It was easier to connect the wires up sitting inside at a table or something than trying to do it with your hands stuck inside the dash..

That's exactly why I will be picking up a kit from an audio shop. I spend enough time in awkward positions in cars for work let alone at home.

Top Bottom