Test N Tune - Wed 27 May

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
It was ok, I couldn't manage any quicker, even with ECU jiggery-pokery...

It got pretty slow by the end, I think if I'd had one more run I might have improved.

Here's my times for the night:

13.630@105mph (2.1 60ft)
13.629@102mph (2.1 60ft)
13.410@101mph (1.8 60ft)
13.576@103mph (2.0 60ft)

So as you can see, mph is fairly inconsistent. I'm right at the top of 4th near the finish line and I tried shifting to 5th on a couple of runs (I think the 2nd and 3rd). I was also still getting lots of clutch shudder no matter what I did :(

Thanks to James for still coming out even though he wasn't racing.

cheers

Lee

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
gosh

Thanks to James for still coming out even though he wasn't racing.

cheers

Lee

Lol yeah 5 months and counting stupid fun police. Here's proof of Lee's attendence.

Attachments

• P1010030.jpg
    P1010030.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 20

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
Bit shaky was taken with my still camera, n i had to stop n start it cause i had very lil memory left on the card so i had like a minute worth of filming. Didn't help that the idiot beside u staged with his rear wheels and i had seen him/her do the same thing earlier in the night lol.

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
Get some better tyres and wheel spin in 4wd gone...

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
ive got yokahama advan sports 235/45/18 or something along those lines and i get a heck of a lot of spin at 5krpm launch... not 100% on what size tires but something close to that.. 8inches wide rims..

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Josh anyone would be able to do wheel spins even at 3000rpm, as long as they know how to do it properly..

also Josh.. your tires are WAY over the specified wheel diameter.. hope cops dont get you..

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
nah christian i got the measurements wrong, probably 225/40/18 or something, i dont know for sure.. cant remember... i DID write it somewhere and do the calculations to find its like a couple of mm bigger, so almost identical to stock...

Rasi

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
2001 Nissan Elgrand - Previously the "best" factory optioned 2000 Legnum (manual, suade recaros)hehe
5K+ launch.... I think I need the new clutch sooner rather than later... The stock clutch sucks... will probably get it done at the 100K service.

I was thinking of some Kumho KU36's and taking the car to the track and strip again.

Top Bottom