towing with vr4

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
Just wanted to know if any one has a tow bar on there vr4 ? Where to get one? Would it be the same as a magna wagon? Would like to get one to tow box trailer with 4 wheeler. Forgive me if I posted in wrong section.

Shamwow

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mike
Drive
Commodore (dont hate, its for work) & MY16 WRX Premium
ive seen a couple on importmonster that says they are for ours, havent really paid much attention to them though

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
Some people have had them custom made but I think its pretty expensive, like $800 or so I think I remember reading.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Jungle has one, ask him....

Rabit

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
2000 Legnum Mint with 44589ks when I got it. Now with black leather seats. After 3 years of fun some terminal engine bay wiring issues raised their ugly heads and it died. I Now drive a 2002 Legnum and have retired the 2000 to spare parts duty.
Have a look at Jungles thread in members rides, he got his from a shop in Manly and when I priced them a couple of months ago they were something like $500 but I cant remember if that was fitted.

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
:eek:hmy:Ok thanks fellas will check it out:)

hozza

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Nathan
Drive
97 COTY manual legnum.(gone)
96 GTO MR
S13 silvia
My legnum had one. I think there was going to be a group buy a while back. Organised by tom i believe.

tim123

Idling at the Lights
First Name
T
Drive
None
I was looking for one for the old leggie I had, was about $600 fitted. 600kg unbraked or 1200kg braked was the rating on most of them.

I just made sure the next leggie I bought had one already, works well! (Now to find roof racks!)

IMAG1184.jpg

Blue legnum

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Joe
Drive
2013 Suzuki Swift Sport , 65 Mustang 351w
Got one on my leggs.. Tows gr8! It's made by Tow right in New Zealand & picked up from a fellow leggy owner from Canberra for a $150. Look them up! They're gotta be the cheapest I've seen..

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
Hay fellas can you tell me who make the tow bar you have? Having trouble finding one up here

trotty

3 AYC Bars
First Name
Daniel Trotman
Drive
2000 vr4 Legnum 5 sp man
2006 Suzuki Swift Sport 5 sp man
$100 for a custom made towbar who engineered it? and whats it rated to? i could make 1 but its not worth the time/money to get it passed for rego, heaven forbid anything go wrong and some1 die from a runaway trailer. not worth the stint in jail for a CHEAP towbar!!!
Just be carefull.

EDIT I am a fabricator engineer by trade and like anything i still need my stuff tested and signed off on, any modification on a car needs to be crash tested and designed not to interfere with OE therefore the extra expense of a production made item. Im also a qualified welder, i know im very capable of making such things and actually over engineer everything i make.

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
Every thing needs a engineers aproval, this would be no different.
$100 for a custom made towbar who engineered it? and whats it rated to? i could make 1 but its not worth the time/money to get it passed for rego, heaven forbid anything go wrong and some1 die from a runaway trailer. not worth the stint in jail for a CHEAP towbar!!!
Just be carefull.

douwboy

Leaving Skid Marks
Premium Member
First Name
Joshua
Drive
2000 Legnum pearl white, manual, sunroof
Does anyone recommend someone in Sydney?

aaron68nz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Aaron
Drive
2001 Legnum series 3 manual
Just last month I had a tow bar put on by http://www.fastfitbullbars.com/ for $550. The owner's son owns Fast Fit in Leichhardt and they'll do one for you too. Mine is the lighter duty one rated for 1200kg. The heavy duty ones are about $100 dearer or thereabouts from memory but more importantly they weigh a massive slow you down 50-60kg! He mumbled some issues also maybe with my large aftermarket muffler in the way too a bit with the heavy duty tow bar.

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
Would you be able to check if they would post one to nth qld Im still trying to get one with no luck up here and no one will make one for me. It like hitting my head on a brick wall. Was it a custom made one or is it off the shelf item modified? Will pay you for your troubles.
Just last month I had a tow bar put on by http://www.fastfitbullbars.com/ for $550. The owner's son owns Fast Fit in Leichhardt and they'll do one for you too. Mine is the lighter duty one rated for 1200kg. The heavy duty ones are about $100 dearer or thereabouts from memory but more importantly they weigh a massive slow you down 50-60kg! He mumbled some issues also maybe with my large aftermarket muffler in the way too a bit with the heavy duty tow bar.

aaron68nz

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Aaron
Drive
2001 Legnum series 3 manual
It's custom built. He mentioned how he added a few extra bolt on points for extra strength.

Top Bottom