Tyre Recommendations?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Legnum Type S
I'd like to know what people are paying for a strip and fit as well because I'll be buying my tires online too.

mfbamba

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Misagh
Drive
1997 Legnum
I asked my cousin and he said he would do it for $80. Don't know what other shops charge though.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Don't pay any more than 20 per corner, last time I only paid 10 each put I took the wheels and tyres to them.

dwarfmarine

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Cameron
Drive
Previous: Black PFL Legnum
Current: TD5 Land Rover Disco
most of the tyre shops near me dont like people taking my own tyres to them.. i think they like to charge a little extra because they arent making money from the tyre sale..

edited: because I'm a berk and didn't proof read it

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
20 each is about right.... Nitro extra....

marc.r

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
marc
Drive
purple legnum
anyone got a suggestion for a quiet tyre? ive got the hellish 595s that were on it when I bought it. they are super noisy but are lasting forever (longer then my patience, i wish they would wear out more quickly). less then $150 per corner ideally. performance and longevity come second. dont drive hard so dont need really sticky, prefer non directional too as it seems quieter and more neutral in my experience. all the searches I do online come up with all season tyres and we dont get snow in sydney!

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
While we are on the topic of tires, I was looking at the Nitto Invos, which are suppose to be quiet, but I'm after a good tire that grips in wet and dry that has reasonable life and is reasonably quiet, from what I hear that's what the Invos are. Does anyone have any opinions on them or can say anything about them?

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Bump for the Nitto Invos, I'd like to order something soon, anyone got anything? :)

Gt_Galant

EC5A
First Name
Fred
Drive
Galant
Ive had Kumho KU31 on 2 of my cars and honestly it wasnt noisy at all and handled pretty good .

Plus the price is actually good compared to others

6A13TT TYPE S

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Adam
Drive
1999 Legnum VR4 Type S
yes nitto invos are amazing tyres best ive had by far! and ive had alot of different tyres.
I highly reccomend them

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
running federal 595's on my leggie and had the same tyre on the commodore. great tyre, supplied, fitted and balanced $130 per tyre and they grip like theres no 2morrow in the dry, a little slippery in the wet but for $130 per tyre u can't complain. yet to try the 595 RS-R tyres but i believe theyre also a relatively good tyre, an entry level semi-slick yet still street legal and my mate had trouble getting them to spin in the wet. Off the top of my head theyre $220 roughy (don't quote me) but again a lot of tyre for not a lot of money. Give them a shot

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Yeah, I've not heard much good about the 595's. Stories of delamination and what not. I have however heard pretty good things about the Nittos, Just wondering if many people on here had much experience with them.

Macca

Showing some Leg.
First Name
Craig 'Macca' Mclean
Drive
Just scored a set of Nitto Invos in 235/40/18 for $267 each delivered to Darwin. That's a pretty good deal I think :)

Tophler

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Alex
Drive
1999 VR4 FL Legnum w recaro and momo
Haven't tried the nitto's, might give them a shot when the 595's run out. either that or the kumho ecsta KU36. I've heard a lot of good things about the kumhos

Top Bottom