Tyre Recommendations?

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Guys I'm combining this with the main Tyres thread as its more useful to have it included there (well, here now).

G

Unregistered
Cool stuff mate! __ET__ and I managed to get Eagle F1's for $220 each when we bought a set each at the same time and paid cash. I think they're a comparable tyre so you'd be as happy as we are with ours! :D We're both running 235/45/17.

I'm interested in how they wear and how they go in the wet compared to the F1's too :) I realise we're running different sizes..but it's still a rough indication

So far, Adelaide has had some shocking weather, so I've been putting my Adrenalin's to the test. They have been holding up very well indeed. I'm really impressed with both the car and the tyre's combination to deliver crazy levels of grip. Legnum's (and Galant's) are some seriously quick cars. I'm so happy that I got one of these and not something else (e.g Stagea !)...

Cheers

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Does anyone know what load rating is required for the VR4 Legnum? I'm assuming 93 (650kg) W (270km/h) will be fine?

G

Unregistered
The little sticker on the door recommends for 225/50-R16's to be 91V, so 93W will be more than fine :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
Yeah 93 will be fine. Note however with the Goodyear GSD3's for example, they come in XL and normal ratings. I think the 235's were available in normal at 91 and the Xl's were 94 or 95. The difference was actually quite substantial, the sidewalls were as soft as..... well..... rubber in the normal model.

G

Unregistered
its normally in the drivers side door jamb, if not, try the passenger side as occasionally some places/manufacturers will place it there.

i think my jap tyres have a 94 or a 97V rating so i think im well and truely 'covered' lol.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
Hey all,

Does anyone had experience on Pirelli PZero Rosso? It is time for me to change my tyres since having a snow tyres on my car is kinda worry me.

I have reading some revies over the net and it seems it performs very well but I need to hear from here that has on them.

Hotwire

1 AYC Bar
Premium Member
First Name
Lee
Drive
97 COTY
Well I can commont on Toyo Proxes R1R's - great tyres! Have the on my SP23, and it gave me much more confidence in the car having them on there.

On the Legnum I have Federal 595ss and for a cheaper (but not nasty cheap) performance tyre they're performing quite well. Haven't had the car for a decent run through the hills yet, but reasonably quiet, grip well in a straight line and wear is "supposedly" good going on other reviews.

Had Maxxis MA-V1 on my R33 skyline, which were bounds ahead of the nexen shit tyres I bought it with, but still no Toyo's or Federals IMO

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I don't, but a number of high end European manufacturers use them, so they can't be that bad.

gorgath

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Irwin
Drive
1997 Legnum RED!!!
I don't, but a number of high end European manufacturers use them, so they can't be that bad.

Yeah, thats what I read on the reviews which includes, Ferrari F599 GTB, Mercedes-Benz S-Class & CLK 63 AMG, Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT.

Kitty's VR4

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Kat
Drive
Legnum, Audi RS6
Hi all Kat's Santa here, I use Yokohama S-drives and C-drives exclusively on my Toy's, Low noise and precise grip and good ride quality, I'd certainly give the Yoki's a thumbs up :)
Kat's Legnum currently running on Bridgestone B500Si 215/45ZR/17's which aren't to bad in both wet and dry conditions with 75% tread, when these start faultering I'll update the thread with Yokohama comparison.
Soz, just thought I'd throw my 2cents in. :)

G

Unregistered
pzeros are pretty much the best tyre everr made but overpriced like crazy!dunlop sp sportmaxx is wat i have at the moment(because i work for dunlop) they are real good though.also GOODYEAR EAGLE F1'S AINT BAD and theyre bringing out a asymetric version now should be interresing...as for wat MOOKERS said bout the pp2's couldnt agree more a friend of mine had them on a rex n did 70,000 on em n were silent the whole time.good value.

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
So 18 months have gone by, whats the latest good 17" tyre thats around the $250 mark on the market at present?

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
$250 for a full set!!!!!!!!!!! WHERE WHERE bahaha no each tyre dude

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
i pay that for my Kumho KU36's but thats in 225/40/18

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Josh, so you got 4x 225/40R18 for $250? if so, can you help other members here too? are there other size rating available too?:cool:

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
I htink he must mean a full set no one would sell a set for $250

Top Bottom