Tyre Recommendations?

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Fingers crossed here, comon josh out with it now whats the story?

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
haha i wish. i mean 249 a tire ;) it's practically what my shop gets them for.. and only because i know the guy personally.. id love to help out if i could but he needs to make money too :D i can have a chat to him about bulk for cheaper?? Its worth a try?

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
4 sent to Perth? Would be cheaper to buy em here.....

So guys what else in on the market out there or are all the same tyres from 18 months ago still standing????

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
1999 White Legnum Type S Cold Spec with Recaros+Sunroof
I'm about to try Kumho KU31s in 234/45 R17 $530 delivered should be $15 each fitted TOTAL $590. So i'll review how they go in a while

twisted32

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Rob
Drive
2000 Type S Leggy (toy)
NW Pajero (daily)
I have heard good things about Summitomo HTRIII's, and I just picked up a second hand set (well done less than 1000km as the injection moulds are still present accross the whole face) in 225/45/17 for $450 (bargain), so I will see how they go in a few weeks when I get home and put them on.

As for the KU31's, I had them on my GT Forester in 225/50/17, and could not complain. Fairly quiet, good grip levels, wore fairly well etc. I wish I had of put them on the leggy last year instead of the KU23's (figured they should be alright, as specs were failry similar, and the price was right). I don't recommend the KU23's however.

Federal 595SS, I have these on the front at the moment in 215/45/17, and seem to be very good value for money. Only around $130 each fitted, good grip in the wet and dry. They are however fairly noisy. I put them on the front before I did a road trip from Adelaide to the Gold Coast, and have now done about 9000km, and look like about 75% tread left. Pretty impressed with that for the tyre rating. I expected to kill them a lot quicker, they were only bought as a temporary measure to until I killed the KU23's on the back (they have done about 23000km)....

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
I just bought a set of Adrenalins for 244 each fully fitted the owner told me he had em on his 6 litre and they were so good he says they equivalent to a tyre worth 450 which he has on his wifes car, cant tell the difference between them :) so he did himself out of some business but coz he was honest ive gone with his recommendation expects about 30-35000km on 235.45.r17.... so we shall see

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
Adrenalins seem to be very good value but its hard to really test em as ive had to disconnect the ayc but even with it off the car handles much better than the others that were on it even with ayc connected

tommy86

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tom
Drive
Really fast Magna wagon thingy
BFGoodrich G-Force Sport in 235/45/17 paid $165 each fitted. Had them on the car about a month now pretty happy, good grip and pretty quiet.

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
Having federal 595SS fitted soon i'll compare them to KU31s on my other car and give report

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
The Federal's that I'm spotting on eBay etc. all seem to be of a lower load rating than is recommended for our cars - what's the load rating on your set?

qball

1 AYC Bar
First Name
David
Drive
Load rating 94 for 235/45 R17 from Tyres for less on ebay

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
235/45/17 should be 91 or 94. I wouldn't go below 90 personally, and ideally go for 92 or above.

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
235/45/17 should be 91 or 94. I wouldn't go below 90 personally, and ideally go for 92 or above.

Hmm. Well the 225/40/18 Federals I can find all seem to be 88. Is it only the EVO Federal595's that are above the 90 load rating for the 225's?

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Bridgestone Adrenalins are cheapish these days and if you are serious about a road tyre Yokahama have something sort of between a semi slick and a road tyre going on a lot of evo x's at the moment, can't for the life of me remember the name. $365 ea in a 235/45/17 (no I got the adrenalins and saved the cash)

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
If you're going to drop your load rating to 88 it should only be to put 225/40R18 Toyo Proxes R1Rs ;)

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
If you're going to drop your load rating to 88 it should only be to put 225/40R18 Toyo Proxes R1Rs ;)

Haha yes in a perfect world I would have a set of them and be stuck to the road but my budget is quite limited being a full time student. Federals look the goods! Now to find a set with 92 load rating...

Hank Scorpio

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Lachlan
Drive
Mazda JC Cosmo, Mazda FC3C RX7 Convertible
Not gonna' happen mate. All 595's have a load rating of 88, sorry! :(

Top Bottom