VR4-Friendly Workshop Discussion

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Slow down cowboy!

You don't just "service" the AYC by just draining and filling. With all respect, have you read anything about how AYC is actually serviced?

Also, forget the rims for a bit. You have the wrong tyres but they are equal left and right so that shouldn't be bothering it.

When you say you hear a noise when turning, is it definitely from the rear?

uncle ninja

Crunching Gears
First Name
Nick
Drive
Black 97 VR4, 07 Lancer 2.4 lt
yes i do realise its not just a simple drain and refill and yes i have read the threads concerning the servicing of the AYC unit.
but firstly should i just pay the money and have someone service it whom knows their way around the AYC unit or take the time to buy the equipment needed to do it myself and do it at home in my car port (not garage)
secondly im not particularly worried about the rims because there is no grinding, clunking, rattling or excessive fuel consumption or other funny phantom noises .
the AYC only makes a fairly mediochre whirr when turning and if anything yes it could be coming from the rear but im unsure as, also, this is the first car i have owned with AYC and i was not to know that it was not supposed to make a noise when "kicking in" and my other mitzy had 18 by 215 by 35 FALKENS on it an they are some noisey tyres.... sorry just got me worried payed cash and own this car and this site is my only support cos dealership is crap sorry if i sound a little stressed

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
that whirring noise while turning are the clutch packs in the AYC unit.. they are part of what should be serviced whenever you have it service..

if you have the evoscan and the datalogger cable, you can do the service yourself.. I assume you have read the guide..

uncle ninja

Crunching Gears
First Name
Nick
Drive
Black 97 VR4, 07 Lancer 2.4 lt
not sure about evoscan cable or data logger will have another look. but i have read the guide on servicing ayc.

kasperflipped

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
trent
Drive
1997 legnum
ahoy there victorian peeps, its finally happened, are the recommended victorian services places at the start of this thread still the best to contact?
Also does anyone have an idea of what the price for the 100k service will be if i supply the parts (which i have already)
thanks dudes and dudettes
trent
100k.jpg

Slinz

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tom
Drive
Grubby Nissan
I can't answer your question but I'd just like to say well done on getting a photo of the magical 100,000 up on the odometer.

Stanislav

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Stan
Drive
2009 Audi S3
Looks like will be getting my engine rebuilt by NA Autosports.

Il leave an update on how it goes and if theyre any good.

casuarina26

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Phil
Drive
2010 Skoda Octavia vRS 125TDI, 02 Hyundai Elantra
Galant was been Sold
Has any one in Sydney had anything to do with IS Motor Racing at Rockdale, I was recommended by a guy that I work with who is heavily into motor racing

GMan

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Jet
Drive
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Yes, I have! Did my major service through IS Motor Racing -- can't fault his work and he knows our cars. However, I would suggest that you supply your own engine oil.

Jimmy_EC5W

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
1998 Pearl White Legnum, Atlas Grey VN SS
You can add Chasers Motorworks to the list if you want.

My car was recently in there for a service, did a fair good job. Expensive though but if you don't care then no need to complain. $88 Hourly rate seems fair IMO.

The owner Glenn, owns a Mitsubishi GTO, races an evo 5. The shop has many evos coming in. A fair few Legnums and Galants spotted there too. Theres talk of an awesome tuner there aswell.

Chasers Motorworks
4/440 Dynon Rd,
West Melbourne,
Victoria

G

Unregistered
Ok here we go.... not sure if i am in the right spot. recently i had to get a clutch fitted ,after lots of searching i found a great place that fitted super heavy duty clutch and 2 year warranty for 1550. i had been quoted upto 4500. i also had them do lots of other stuff including a full oil change out . Baileys brake and clutch in ipswich took the time to learn about my car wich is more than mitsubisi was willing to do ...i reccomend these guys in a big way .

[TUFFTR]

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Paul
Drive
Mitsubishi Magna
STEER CLEAR OF THIS WORKSHOP AT ALL COSTS

http://maps.google.com.au/maps/plac...0,North+Melbourne+VIC&cid=4335834661850750532

By far one of the worst workshops I have ever had the unfortunate pleasure of dealing with.
We have taken the car in for a RoadWorthy Certificate only to be knocked back FIVE TIMES. Each and EVERY time he has picked up something else. He tells us to replace subframe, we replace it. He calls chassis rails a subframe! We fix chassis rails, still not good enough. Even though the car was taken to another panel beater who said the chassis rails looked perfect.

Avoid this dooshbag at all costs. He has fucked us around (me and a friend, friends car, I'm helping him) for MONTHS. Fucking 0/10 .

Sorry bit of background on this car. It's a Galant VR4. Got picked up for non ADR wheels, too low, too loud, IC piping not factory? IC, front bumper loose, scratch in windscreen, 'subframe' damage, HIDS illegal, pod filter.
We fixed ALL of this and it got knocked back again for the chassis rails. I've had enough of this ****.
So his car has sat out the front for 3 months while we bust our balls fixing it.

Oh, the best bit, he picked up on non ADR wheel, yet the shifter doesnt have a H pattern, brake pedal was missing the rubber and the washer nozzles don't work, but he missed those

lathiat

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Trent Lloyd
Drive
97 Legnum (Manual)
Haha sorry.. highly recommended.

Did a good job on my clutch, well known EVO workshop in Perth.

have done a couple legnums had no issues doing mine.. also sourced me some driveshaft seals and other bits by looking up by legnum VIN no issues.

ECfiveA

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Mathew
Drive
97 Galant VR4
Hey gang,

Just a couple of SA workshops I've taken my car too and have had very good dealings with:

Paul Pavlou Motors
63 George Street, Thebarton SA 5031
(08) 8352 4433

They are currently sorting out my boost issues and have also done work on smedsvr4's car as well.

Southern HiTech Dyno Tune
8 Emanuel Court, Melrose Park SA 5039
(08) 8277 4400

They did my clutch and replaced my front bank turbo, they also did some work on smedsvr4's car.

Both workshop's have 2 wheel dynos and have worked on some exotic cars so our cars are probably a breeze for them.

The Borg

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Daniel
Drive
2000 face lift Legnum VR4 manual
Auto Leaders South Tweed Heads
113 Minjungbal Drive Tweed Heads South 2486 NSW
Ph: (07) 5524 9400.

Iv'e own a VR-4 legnum for 15 months and have been building up a rap sheet with these guys the whole time they have been very helpfull and very understanding, and gone thorugh hoops to help find the right parts for my car ( As far as I know I'm the only Legnum in the area )
Their all running or have run imports, American mussle, Hot rods, and Ausy mussle and have that knowlege that realy is needed, I highly recomend these guys.

Dice

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
DiceR
Drive
Galant VR-4 2xT25bb
Nissan Cube
As far as I know I'm the only Legnum in the area

I live very close to there and Godzilla live somewhere around here too so you're not the only Legnum in the area. I'll consider them next time for basic work.

Top Bottom