What car is it - rotary, possibly isuzu?

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
When in Melboune a couple of weeks ago, i was stumbling off to the local woolies to purchase some hang over-solving farmers unions iced coffee and balfours pies, when i spotted a car that i had never seen before.

bear with me.......

I think it was a coupe, with late 80's to early 90's styling. It was possibly an Isuzu, but theres a chance it wasnt.

the thing that got me was it was definately a rotary but wasnt a mazda.

I meant to go back and get some photos of it, but forgot.

has anyone got any ideas? I thought i knew my cars, but this one had me totally stumped. And now its really annoying me because i cant work out what it is. Oh and google has not been much help.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Cosmo?

112767200848251.jpg

G

Unregistered
i would have said eunos cosmo too, but people seem to chuck rotisseries in anything these days.

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
Eunos Cosmo - they came with a triple-rotor engine twin turbo. Go like a jet and nearly use the same amount of fuel as one too. That was the other car (aside from the Galant) that I brought back with me from Japan as a personal import.

Scottie

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Scott
Drive
1999 Type S Legnum
They are lighter and have only RWD, they would own. There was a guy who turned up to a Datto meet in one that had 300RWKW with minor mods...

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
it said rotary on the c pillar, which surprised me. It remember thinking it had to be a personal import as it was a brand that wasnt really sold here or sold in big numbers (such as isuzu)

Kristian

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kristian
Drive
Changes daily
So how would a Eunos Cosmo go in a drag with a VR4?

It'd wipe the floor with it ;)

Given that the only two companies that made rotaries in significant numbers were Mazda and NSU, that narrows your options down a fair bit. It may well have been an earlier model Cosmo, like an HB model. Isuzu never made a rotary engined car.

happymatch

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
jono
Drive
Maza Astina 323, Merc C Kompressor
i saw cosmo at strathfield NSW, entering sandalwood apartments about 10 days ago. it was dark blue and i first thought "huh?" i see. it is not to be played with..

Top Bottom