What happens if your legnum breaks?

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
just a question guys,

if something on ure legnum breaks... where the hell do u get parts?

what about people in country vic like me? (bendigo)
would i basically be stuck till i sourced parts from metro?

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I'm in Ballarat, and have owned imports for the last 6 or 7 years. Can't say parts have ever been a problem.

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
really? thats good to know. i assumed legnum/galant parts would be hard to source. much harder than other imports like skylines.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
At the risk of sounding like a stuck record...

...button is your... button is your... the search.... search button is your... button is your friend... the search button is your friend.... the search button is your friend...

Get acquainted. Spend some quality time together. You'll be amazed just how fruitful your relationship will be.

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
It depends a bit on what part you're looking for. Things like brakes on facelifts are shared with some magna's, the rear diff's can be replaced with those from an EVO and lots of other things like that. I wouldn't let it worry you too much

mookers

puri puri
First Name
Derek
Drive
CL9 Accord Euro Lux, GE Jazz VTi, Evil Supervillain Chair, Homemade Portable Square Drumkit
Greg Marshall from Armstrong Mitsubishi in Wellington was extremely helpful when I needed clutch master and slave cylinders. I plan on ringing him whenever I can't source something locally.

EDIT: I should also add that I was very hesitant to buy an import due to concern over parts and maintenance... but when I discovered this forum and saw how much info there is and how helpful everyone is, I stopped worrying and bought a VR-4. :D

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
Japanese manufacturers are renowned for their "parts bin engineering". You'll find that a lot of things are interchangable. VR4s will share parts from the aforementioned Magnas and Evos, as well as FTOs. Anything you can't scavenge from other models can be found through this forum or places like Kempy's in NZ. And freight isn't too bad.

Just make sure you research things yourself rather than going to your local mechanic/Mitsubishi dealer etc and asking "do you have ..... for a Legnum VR4?". They'll get confused and then charge you for their pain & suffering.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
You can't really blame them, poor little poppets. They might strain their little brains actually having to do some work! This stuff is AWFULLY confusing, after all ;)

SU8TLE

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Ryan
Drive
VY SS M6
thanks guys, thats what i needed to know.

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
dont forget import monster and japan parts direct,i stupidly broke one of my tail lights,was pissed off,spent 2 mins on the computor and straight away found a replacement,just have to wait a couple weeks to get it

Top Bottom