What's the best brand of high flow cat?

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
with the all-flow cat,would it make my car backfire or anything,does it change the sound much??

First Name
ivan
Drive
Prado...
You've got my interest Ivan...

You know what would be good? If you could find a flow rate comparison between different brands...

Hi, There isn't much flow rate to compare, just the AMOUNT of Cells per sq. inch as well as BODY DIAMETER.

Less CPI the better but the CEL may come on! (CHECK ENGINE LIGHT)

Tried Catco on volvo, and the CEL came on after a week!!!

We use our MetalCat on many evo 7/8/9 on ADM and only 2 out of the 10 so far had the CEL, and solved by using a spacer to make the pickup more remote.

Cheers, ivan

G

Unregistered
the piping on the standars one is still too small if you have a 3 inch system but it does help

Zild

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andy
Drive
1998 VR4 Galant
This is the one the import shop put on mine, on their site they have absolutely no info about it apart from this picture...

VR4%20Galant,%20legnum,%20EVO%206.jpg

timmae2006

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Tim Dev
Drive
2000 Mitsibishi Legnum
xfcatuniversal.jpg

i found this today on just jap auto imports

- Stainless
- 3" (Inlet & Outlet)
- Non-Flanged
- Flows Up To 570CFM
Details
spacer.gif
SKU XFCATHF-UNIVERSALNF3IN Quantity in stock 3 item(s) available Weight 2.00 kg Price: AUD 175.00
anybody wish to comment as im looking for a high flow cat and unsure whether to go brand name or universal like above. these are all the stats they had on it too dunno if its ceramic or steel insides

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
I scored a magnaflow hi flow (same as LeeButts) 3" in/outlets & 4" oval shape body and total length i think was 11"

for $115.00 posted to my door steps..

J-B

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Jarrad
Drive
EVO VII GSR
I scored a magnaflow hi flow (same as LeeButts) 3" in/outlets & 4" oval shape body and total length i think was 11"

for $115.00 posted to my door steps..

Is it stainless steel? and do you have any pictures? or even better a link to where to buy them ;)

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
Jarrad, sorry but it was a once off transaction.. bought it from SAU.. a fella bought it then didnt want it..

its mild steel only though.. but for the price I can't really complain..

G

Unregistered
I bought this one HERE. It does says "Race Applications" only, but I figured some sort of cat was better than no cat. May not be the best, but it says it flow wells (525cfm) and at 1/3 the price of a Catco/MetalCat, I'm not arguing.

G

Unregistered
hey ivan your message board is full, how much for your cats?

James

Crunching Gears
First Name
James
Drive
1999 Facelift Peal Legnum VR4
Hmm I have been considering a high flow cat, mostly for a more notable sound, which is kinda toolish but our Leggys are soo quiet!

Any up to date info would be great on cost and recommended bolt on brands.

Does anyone notice any change in performance with these?

Top Bottom