Whats the deal with evo bodykits on legnums?

sanjay

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Sanjay
Drive
MY02 Mitsubishi Magna Ralliart Manual Build #75
case in point: http://www.j-spec.com.au/list/index.php?ID=13135 to me this car looks like almost exactly what i want from a leggy (its a 2002 so the newest you can get, series 2, manual, great nick inside, beautiful pearl white). i dont even mind the body kit, excepting for the retarded evo front bar. lets say hypothetically i purchased the above, how much would i be expecting to pay for a normal series 2 pearl white front bar plus grille, to be chucked into the boot of the car to come to australia with it, ready to be put on? they stopped making the galant series in 2002, correct?

weeaazz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
james
Drive
legnum
im sure someone with a facelift legnum would be willing to swap a standard bar for that aftermarket evo bar,i reckon its one of those things that will defintly grow on you if you bought it

mallen

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Matt
Drive
2000 Legnum VR4 Type S
I like it... I also like the look of that pod, it suits the engine bay nicely...

SupremeMoFo

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Evan
Drive
MY01 Magna Sports
I'd get a body shop to modify the bar so the wheelarch extensions matched all the way down the trailing edge of the front bar. That'd look tits.

sanjay

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Sanjay
Drive
Remember it's not just the front bar, but the whole kit, skirts and rear bumper too.

true, but i reckon that even with the stock front bar the rest of the kit would still look great. the evo front is kinda still growing on me but the wheel-arch kit still doesnt match up to the front bar (like suprememofo pointed out) and makes it look like white poo.

ygoslo

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Tim
Drive
91 Silvia, 97 Galant
I actually like that kit! Hate the wheels and the grille though. I'm yet to see an aftermarket grille on a Galant/Legnum that I like. The original one just looks perfect.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
That's the front bar that Just Plain Nuts has, I quite like it, but it does give him dramas with scraping as it's very low.

As other's have said, I'm sure you could find someone to swap with, but they'd probably want the whole kit.

cheers

Lee

BuzzPuppy

OZVR4 Ambassador
Lifetime Member
First Name
Gavin
Drive
レグナム Super VR-4
It's like looking at Nick's car and kiwibstoke's car (happy belated birthday by the way Bryan!), with the exact kit.

Sanjay, you'll definitely find someone who'll swap that bit of kit with you.

kiwibstokes

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Bryan
Drive
2000 Legnum Type-S
Yea i'm a fan of the evo kits, needs the bonnet as well tho, and i'm not sure about the center grill either, but the main problem i have is scraping the front, the approach angle is screw all so means attacking speed humps and driveways at angle and closing your eyes when you hear scraping..

bogan bob

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Dion
Drive
'15 Amarok
Im going to go against the grain and say im not a huge fan of the evo front bar, esp with that grill, too many straight lines for my liking. I do appreciate an evo bonnet though....

yep, buy it Sanjay and just swap the front bar with someone else ;) you know you want to

G

Unregistered
awesome, its under negotiation...is that for u? I would seriously be interested in a swap etc for that kit should u still be keen, and we're both in sa :)

sanjay

Idling at the Lights
First Name
Sanjay
Drive
no, not for me. now im annoyed :( thank god i didnt waste $30 on a trading post ad today. i wouldnt have put any money down with ben until the libby was sold, at any rate. not going to leave myself in a potential financial black hole over a car...

G

Unregistered
I do like that kit
I am biased as i do have it on mine but prefer the standard grill

Top Bottom