What's the missing piece of the front spoiler called and where can I get one?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by basheeba, Oct 11, 2007.

1. basheeba

basheeba Guest

My front spoiler has a piece missing right in the middle directly under the number plate. It looks like a piece just clips on there. Can anyone please tell me what that its called and how i can go about getting it...

Thanks Kimberley :redface:

2. It's the towing eye cover and the dealer should be able to supply one in the correct colour or a breaker if you're very lucky

3. BuzzPuppy

BuzzPuppy OZVR4 Ambassador Lifetime Member

First Name:
    Gavin
    Drive:
    レグナム Super VR-4
    I think most of us are missing that piece :)

4. mitchy

mitchy Leaving Skid Marks

i'm not. :D (i'm missing the rest of the car that attaches to it...)

5. trounced

trounced Leaving Skid Marks

First Name:
    Wes
    Drive:
    1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4
    mine isnt on the car but it is in the boot so i can attach it when i finally get the car damn dotars :-(

15th week this week

6. SiliconAngel

SiliconAngel 1 AYC Bar

First Name:
    SA, Trevor
    Drive:
    '99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
    Kimberly for your car its called the Tow Hook Cover Kit (FR Bumper) Silver, part number MR325375.

Sorry I didn't notice this thread earlier - it would help if you posted it in the appropriate forum though ;) Sticking a question about car parts in the Website Feedback forum is a bit counter-intuitive! :p

7. marksanne

marksanne Hesitantly Boosting

First Name:
    Mark
    Drive:
    1999 8G VR2 Galant & 1996 8G VR4 Galant
    hi all... sorry to jump into this forum and into this old topic without proper introductions, but I'll make it up to ya'll.

have a question: we bought a white 1998 legnum, which is missing the Tow Hook Cover Kit for the front bumper (nice I know the name of that piece of plastic now ;)). As I was browsing the Japanese CAPS application in search of this Tow Hook Cover kit when I found out there are 3 options... The first is the above mentioned MR3253xx (the last two digits only are for colourcoding, where xx is 74 for the white version that I need).

But... I don't know how I can find out which cover kit is the correct one for my Legnum (it will arrive in 10 weeks, yeehaa!), so I thought maybe you can help out on this and maybe a picture of the Legnum would help:

[​IMG]

The other options for the cover kit for Legnums are MR3447xx (xx = 67 = white), MR4658xx (xx = 90 = white).

Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  8. leebutts

leebutts 1 AYC Bar

First Name:
    Lee
    Drive:
    2001 Golf GTI
    I thought if you put your chassis number into caps it returns the part number that matches your car?

cheers

Lee

9. marksanne

marksanne Hesitantly Boosting

First Name:
    Mark
    Drive:
    1999 8G VR2 Galant & 1996 8G VR4 Galant
    Correct Leebutts, but I don't know the chassisnumber yet for the next 10 weeks... so if anyone has this spoiler installed standard on his/her G, I'd love to have a chassis number to enter into CAPS so I can find out!

There are no Galant VR'4 or Legnums here in Holland, so here I've got no one to ask... (this body kit/bumper/spoiler has never been used on our Galant versions too)

If anyone would be so kind to PM me a chassis number, you can be sure it will be kept absoluelty private and confidential (although I don't think there's much to do with an overseas -the Netherlands- chassis number here...)

Thanks!!

10. leebutts

leebutts 1 AYC Bar

First Name:
    Lee
    Drive:
    2001 Golf GTI
    Hi Mark,

I've sent you a PM,

cheers

Lee