Wheel Alignment

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
fto with 6A13TT & bf xr6 turbo
Yeah mate camber and castor will make it pull, Have been going through our manuals and i recon i could fix the fronts camber with off set bolts, Idea of setting toe at total of 1mm is they even out to 0 total toe when moving ( its 1mm) Yes you would turn in better steve im just looking out for there tyres, If they wanted something set up for street drag or drift i could help with that too, the set up i gave was for normal every day driving. Steve i take it your cambers and castor are about the same both sides ? this is good.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Is there any rear adjustment at all? Caster, Toe etc?

I need to double check my ride height for sure - It's just hard to find the perfect place to take the height measurements from. Any suggestions?

Shane, so the front toe is no good on mine?

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
The front toe is within tolarance the rear toe is bad,rear camber can be fixed with shims, I am still looking into your front ajust, ill get back to you all on this later.
Is there any rear adjustment at all? Caster, Toe etc?

I need to double check my ride height for sure - It's just hard to find the perfect place to take the height measurements from. Any suggestions?

Shane, so the front toe is no good on mine?

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
any things possible with the right parts( any one know what they have avalible for the galant rally wise in supension) There has to be something, They do some pritty narly stuff when racing, but keep in mind some is not allowed on our roads. will do some investigating when i get some extra time.
I dont think we c an adjust the castor's on our cars? can we?

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
quite possible you have got the wrong camber on both wheels on the same side, going the same way, did you see them do w/a ? (maybe and just maybe they not have not got the w/a head on your rim properly.)
Rear worries me then. Maybe there is something bent.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Na I wasnt there.

I'm going to camber fix the heck outta the rear, make sure the car is perfectly level, then take it back for a second crack at it.

TME_Steve

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Steve
Drive
2010 nt did pajero tow car / 2000 6spd gc8 wrx tarmac rally car / 2000 Manual Subaru Outback 2.5 just a car
Good idea, toe adjustment only on both ends from the factory....

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
Hey had my wheels on my car rotated, balance and align but now it's making a tick noise from front wheel all suspension is fine only slight play from steering! No stone in tread either:/ so could it be wrong alignment?? Any ideas??? Strange:(

veegeeta

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
shane
Drive
check wheel weights ar'nt rubbing any where. Ticking won't be wheel align.:)
Hey had my wheels on my car rotated, balance and align but now it's making a tick noise from front wheel all suspension is fine only slight play from steering! No stone in tread either:/ so could it be wrong alignment?? Any ideas??? Strange:(

Sleepyvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Andrew Reddel
Drive
1997 Vr4 Legnum
Check they tightened the wheel nuts all up as well I had a ticking after my front wheel got put back in but the nuts didnt get tightened on the ground

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
When the wheels were rotated, make sure they are facing the right direction if they're directional tyres. Shouldn't be making a noise though.

ttgvr4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
steve
Drive
02 vr4 galant, 92 vr4, 85 starion
Going back to tyre shop I think it's a weight on the inside of the rim just touching, will find out soon enough hopefully:/

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
OK, so had a wheel alignment today.

Front end results are pretty good. Toe in each side at 1mm. Front camber just on neg 1. Rear both very even at just under neg 2

BUT rear toe was in by nearly 6mm each.

Can anyone explain to me how this can be fixed?

And the guy forgot to give me a print out and read the figures back to me off the top of his head grrrrrrrrr

steveP

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Steve
Drive
VR4 Galant
Funny you bring this up. I've got the exact same problem, on the left rear only. All my tyres have plenty of tread and I just noticed the left rear tyre is down to the steel belts.

VOLK

Stabbin' technique!
First Name
Joey T
Drive
13 RA Lancer Hackzilla
This link controls toe. Check 34-9 and 34-10 in the JDM workshop manual.
toe_control.jpg

Top Bottom