When are we having another wash meet?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
well i turned up at bout 7.45 and no one was there! i'm pretty sure i went to the right carwash.... sigh....maybe next time

I was parked at the car wash from 6:45 till about 7:30 then drove down to the sound off, because I thought no one was coming :)

Did you come down there for a look?

cheers

Lee

p.s. Kevin you should have used my tripod, those pics are crap :D

Bennyboy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ben
Drive
'97 Mitsubishi Legnum
I had a drive round Burleigh afterwards but didn't bother going to autobarn cos it started tipping down with rain...AGAIN. so I was boring and went home. Was the sound off any good?

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
I had a drive round Burleigh afterwards but didn't bother going to autobarn cos it started tipping down with rain...AGAIN. so I was boring and went home. Was the sound off any good?

I'm not really into car sound but yeah it was quite interesting. Standing next to a 160DB car is quite an experience! I was too chicken to stick my head inside it lol

Bennyboy

Hesitantly Boosting
First Name
Ben
Drive
'97 Mitsubishi Legnum
well, we'll have to arrange another one soon when the board isnt down and when the weather is better that way there will be no excuses. Hopefully by then i'll hav sorted my EBC out aswell...sigh...

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Hey ! Dont blame my pictures for your car eh! ha ha At least SOMEONE brought a camera!

- I must agree Lee...those 12 inch wheels don't look to good on the car...ha

G

Unregistered
Yeah Kev ...:D Lee you should have stuck your head in , it's a whole other experience.. P.S still don't have my new car back, turns out to be bent valves so looks like another two weeks and $5000...ouch!:mad:

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Yeah Kev ...:D Lee you should have stuck your head in , it's a whole other experience.. P.S still don't have my new car back, turns out to be bent valves so looks like another two weeks and $5000...ouch!:mad:

5000 out of who's pocket?

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Was a Ralliart Colt, was a 1997 Toyota Aristo was a 1996 Legnum..Now an XR5 Turbo
Owwwweee! Yeah I would tell the guy you got it from...you know where he lives eh! The VR4 crew can drop around......how do you bend the valves?

G

Unregistered
Out of my pocket i'm afraid...the previous owner as nice as he was is not willing to cough up any money because of how far i bargained him down.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
That sux balls Benny! I would have thought bent valves would have to show some symptoms? If so then old mate would have been aware of a problem.

G

Unregistered
It just had an ever so miniscule misfire occasionally but figured it was because it wasn't driven for a year.

Caveman

Crunching Gears
First Name
Paul
Drive
2000 Galant VR4 Type V
Sorry to hear that Benny.

Pity, as the apart from that the Jag looked to be in great condition.

$5K sounds a bit steep for some valve work though (unless other damage has been done).......you could get a whole engine for that price......with a supercharger. (y)(y)(y)

VR4Rocket

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Kevin
Drive
Get a leggie engine....ha ha ha

naughtika

OzVR4 Stalker
First Name
Christian
Drive
'96 Galant VR4, '17 MB A180, '25 Macan GTS
its gone.. thrown at the tip.. besides it was missing some parts..

..like fuel rails, 6 injectors, front rocker cover, plenum & throttle body and harness.. LOL

QLD Fellas..

WHEN ARE WE HAVING ANOTHER WASH MEET?

My car needs a wash after the long days of rain.. how's Thursday night at the same old place? Freedom Service Station along Logan Road Eight Mile Plains.. 8:30pm

is this enough notice?

Top Bottom