Willowbank Drag meet [9/01/10]

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Awesome Lee, that's just around the corner from our motel - the Sunnybank Star which is a Bed bug western!:D

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
I can't bring the Sil80 Joshwa, it seems i've cracked the block :(

jungle

3 AYC Bars
Lifetime Member
First Name
Simon
Drive
1 PFL & 1 FL Legnum
Dam that's terrible news!! Does that mean you'll have to replace the block?
:

No and i'm not 100% that's it but there's not much else it can be.
If it is, i'll sleeve it, be stronger that original then.;)

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I really want to come but Id have to get off work early or catch up with you guys somehow. I also have a transmission cooler and spark plugs sitting here that Id like to get fitted before thrashing it to hard, but at this time of year finding money to have them done is hard.

If I cant get my shit sorted out in time maybe Ill come and just do 1 or 2 runs. Whats the chances of someone letting me use their helmet? :p

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
I really want to come but Id have to get off work early or catch up with you guys somehow. I also have a transmission cooler and spark plugs sitting here that Id like to get fitted before thrashing it to hard, but at this time of year finding money to have them done is hard.

I'll help ya out ;)
That or you could wait till the next home mechanics day?

If I cant get my shit sorted out in time maybe Ill come and just do 1 or 2 runs. Whats the chances of someone letting me use their helmet? :p

I have a Motorcross helmet you can use but i think it has to be full face?

snickells

Leaving Skid Marks
Lifetime Member
First Name
Anon
Drive
Car
I'm bringing my camera and my video camera so there will be loads of you-tube-action :D

Cant wait!

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
W00T W00T!! :D
But yeah lol, anyone know where can i score a cheap-ish helmet from? A bike shop or something?

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Just thought I'd add so noone gets caught out - Latest ANDRA rules state the helmet must be AS/NZS 1698 so even if it has the snell rating (which is better) it won't be accepted unless WB strutineers aren't as pedantic as HV.

I had a perfectly good Shoei with a snell rating but wasn't accepted. Now I have a cheaper less safe open face helmet that is accepted only because it has the AS/NZS 1698 sticker.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Good to know Josh, thanks for the heads up...but does anyone know if it will be cool for me to use Trev's moto helmet? (oh and thanks Trev :))

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Good to know Josh, thanks for the heads up...but does anyone know if it will be cool for me to use Trev's moto helmet? (oh and thanks Trev :))

You need to check for the sticker that Josh mentioned. You will run the risk of looking like a douche in a car with a moto helmet on though lol (not that my open face one looks much cooler haha)

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Any helmet will be douchey looking so i'm not too concerned hehe, but i am gunna see if I can pick a cheap open face one up. I'll use it later on anyways.

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
99 Galant, black, Sunroof, manual, Recaros
Mmmm, i am thinking about towing my new baby out there for a few runs.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
You need to check for the sticker that Josh mentioned. You will run the risk of looking like a douche in a car with a moto helmet on though lol (not that my open face one looks much cooler haha)

I look more like a tool in mine... ready to be shot out of a cannon!:LOL:

Wewt... I'm hoping I've got the $$$ to have some runs :)

Mmmm, i am thinking about towing my new baby out there for a few runs.

Go hard fellers!! The more the merrier!!(y)

Top Bottom