Willowbank Drag meet [9/01/10]

TTVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Robert
Drive
99 Galant, black, Sunroof, manual, Recaros
my get delivered today, so i will have to give it the once over to make sure all is good. it will be at my house for a few weeks waitng for compliance, so in theroy i have a bit of time to do some runs.

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Just thought I'd add so noone gets caught out - Latest ANDRA rules state the helmet must be AS/NZS 1698 so even if it has the snell rating (which is better) it won't be accepted unless WB strutineers aren't as pedantic as HV.

I had a perfectly good Shoei with a snell rating but wasn't accepted. Now I have a cheaper less safe open face helmet that is accepted only because it has the AS/NZS 1698 sticker.

Luke, my MX helmet has a sticker on it that says AS1698.

Josh, is AS1698 the same as AS/NZS1698? We are in AUS after all :D

Oh and it is a cool looking helmet (y)

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Luke, my MX helmet has a sticker on it that says AS1698.

Josh, is AS1698 the same as AS/NZS1698? We are in AUS after all :D

Oh and it is a cool looking helmet (y)

Sorry to say Trevor, I'm pretty sure it won't be accepted. Have a read of this. It explains the difference between AS1698 and AS/NZS 1698.

http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=374468

I'm sorry it's confusing but that's red tape.

JUst pop into any motor bike shop and open faced helmets start from about $60.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
If I can find a helmet for around $60 I might buy one

What you need $$$ for? is there a cost for this event? if so, how much?

As I said, you can borrow my helmet if you want. It's $40 to race and that includes a passenger to spectate.

cheers

Lee

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
Attendee's
Dr Josh001 - jOSH
unclepaulie - paul
naughtika - Christian
godzilla - Trevor
fieldy107 - Chris
shambam - shamren
mortz - Luke
leebutts - lee
snickells - Steve
ttvr4 - Rob

Total: 10

Maybe's
Rasi
Nitephyre
jungle

sound about right?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Attendee's
Dr Josh001 - jOSH
unclepaulie - paul
naughtika - Christian
godzilla - Trevor
fieldy107 - Chris
shambam - shamren
mortz - Luke
leebutts - lee
snickells - Steve
ttvr4 - Rob
gammon - Aaron (My friend who bought Trav's car)

Total: 11

Maybe's
Rasi
Nitephyre
jungle

Scubasteve

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
James
Drive
96 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 Manual
Save me reading all the post is it TnT or New Years Series and we are spectating?

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
Josh, Lee, Luke and maybe Rob & Chris are racing. The rest of us are spectating.

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
I dont think Ill be racing anyone competitively as my car is stock standard, just wanna do a few runs to see what she is capable of. Hoping to at least get under 15 seconds :p

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
It's not really a competition (other than me wanting to beat Josh hehehe), it's definitely a good way to get a baseline on your car before starting to modify it.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
My 225 tyres are camber worn down to the wire so i'll be running on the stock 205 tyres and type v rims unfortunately.

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
I dont think Ill be racing anyone competitively as my car is stock standard, just wanna do a few runs to see what she is capable of. Hoping to at least get under 15 seconds :p

It's also good experience with improving reaction time and launching. My first run I did a 15.1 with a reaction of 1.2s, by the end of the night I was doing 14.6 and reaction of 0.5s.

It's not really a competition (other than me wanting to beat Josh hehehe).

Where do you live again Lee so I can sneak in a few lead blocks under your car!:D

My 225 tyres are camber worn down to the wire so i'll be running on the stock 205 tyres and type v rims unfortunately.

You might find the stockies faster if they weigh less. If it's grip your worried about, it might only improve your 60f time by less than 0.1s. But then you've got the next 900ft to go faster with less rolling mass.

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Where do you live again Lee so I can sneak in a few lead blocks under your car!:D

You might find the stockies faster if they weigh less. If it's grip your worried about, it might only improve your 60f time by less than 0.1s. But then you've got the next 900ft to go faster with less rolling mass.

Funny you should mention that, I put my bigger rims back on yesterday and they a noticably heaver than the stock BBSs (I recon 2 or 3 kgs per wheel). I was almost thinking about leaving the BBSs on...

I wonder what kind of gain you'd get from 8-10kg?

Dr_Josh001

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Josh
Drive
96 Galant VR-4 Auto
Funny you should mention that, I put my bigger rims back on yesterday and they a noticably heaver than the stock BBSs (I recon 2 or 3 kgs per wheel). I was almost thinking about leaving the BBSs on...

I wonder what kind of gain you'd get from 8-10kg?

Dam! I hate it when I'm too helpful. Would be quite significant considering rolling mass is relatively heavier than static mass. I noticed a huge difference between my 8" enkeis and the stockies. My stockies are about 17.8kg and the enkeis are 18.5kg I think.

Top Bottom