Willowbank Drag meet [9/01/10]

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Well i am looking forward to this arv, that's for sure. Can't wait to see some VR4 action on the strip!

It looks like it is going to be a good turnout too.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
Yeah it's gunna be mad! This will be the biggest QLD meet so far if everyone listed manages to make it.

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
I'm sure there'll be lots of pics...i've got a crap camera but someone will bring a decent one i imagine.

Nitephyre

Flaccid Member
Lifetime Member
First Name
Matt :)
Drive
1963 Toyota Lite-Stout & 2007 Toyota Blade Master G
I'll be bringing my 10mp monster :D

Just about to head off to grab my gear from storage then off to the car wash to wait.

See y'all soon mofos :D

wesleyong

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Wes
Drive
Lancer wagon 4G93T / 1999 Legnum VR-4
I was meaning to come, but I have been real sick for over a week and unfortunately haven't come around in time...

Hope you guys all have a blast, looking forward to seeming some youtube action!

G

Unregistered
Hi guys, just spotted this topic as I don't get on here often.
I was the guy in the Maroon 92 VR4 out there tonight.
It was good to meet a few of you guys out there, it's good to see more than just the usual fords and Commodores out there!
I must say though, who was the young fella in the Legnum that seemed to not realize where the end of the track was? I'm glad I checked your lane before I turned down the return road! You were really moving when you came by me. I could see the tyre smoke as you locked up under brakes! That must have been quite a ride :)

Mortz

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Luke M
Drive
1997 Legnum VR4
That was me and yeah i'm sorry about that, first time out and i really misjudged the end, was definitely glad my brakes worked well. I was so paranoid my next run i stuffed up and ruined my time by slowing down too early.
Whatever time you ran must've been really quick, you flew past me on the line and down the rest of the track.

G

Unregistered
That was me and yeah i'm sorry about that, first time out and i really misjudged the end, was definitely glad my brakes worked well. I was so paranoid my next run i stuffed up and ruined my time by slowing down too early.
Whatever time you ran must've been really quick, you flew past me on the line and down the rest of the track.

Thats cool, I was worried you had lost your brakes till I saw the ABS kicking in!
I think I ran 11.77 @ 122.58 against you if you were #600? I'll head out again when the weather cools off and the air starts getting a bit more dense!

unclepaulie

hellatemplate ;)
Lifetime Member
First Name
Paul
Drive
hairdresser spec lancer coupe
sh!t yeah Tim, your maroon galant of sick, i didnt expect it to run 11s!

was a sweet albeit hot day

lol at Lukes braking mishap, blame the connies man

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
it was good fun, to bad it was so busy and we didn't get many runs. my best was 15.4@147km, lee and josh were running 13's

fieldy107

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Chris
Drive
Galant VR4
heres a couple pics of josh and lee about to run and some other thing doing a burnout
SNC00156.jpg

SNC00157.jpg

SNC00155.jpg

godzilla

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Trevor
Drive
1/19 2002 FL Legnum Type 'S' Manual in Black with Suede Recaro's!
Out of the VR4 boys, Josh had the best ET @ 13.349 (I think).

Was a cool night. I hadn't been to the drags for a long time so it was great to get to see some very quick street cars. There was even a $150K Mercedes C63 Sedan running 12.5's! There are really some true, very fast sleepers out there. My pick was an XR6 turbo running low 11's!

Definitely is harder than it looks, drag racing. So many cars struggled to leave the line properly.

Best call was one of the announcers describing Lee's car the first time he lined up, " In the rocket lane we have a..........a.......Wagon" Classic!

leebutts

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Lee
Drive
2001 Golf GTI
Nope, everyone made it home - Matt's clutch was a little smelly though :D

My best was a 13.62 - MPH was well down on my last trip so either removing the pods stuffed up the tune or the 80% humidity just killed the power :(

Well done to Josh for running so quick in those conditions, I guess it's used to it! Unbelieveable that he equaled his PB down to the thousandth!

Thanks to everyone for coming out, it was a great meet and if it turns out to be the last one I attend with 123AYC it was a great send off!

cheers

Lee

p.s. looking forward to videos!

Top Bottom