Aftermarket Braces

G

Unregistered
Found a pic of a rear strut brace for a legnum, never seen this one before.

Legnumbootstrutbrace.jpg

Gly has his "B" pillar brace.
Bpillar.JPG

Then there is the lower arm one (At the front under the car), a bit like Paul's
2-3.jpg

or
2-3-2.jpg

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Formerly: 1996 Galant VR-4
i have those ralliart ones under my car :)

bradc

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Brad
Drive
Facelift Manual 400hp VR-4 Legnum
I have the K shape front brace, but it isn't fitted to my car yet. I'm keen on a rear upper brace, I can feel the car flexing a bit around corners and hopefully that will fix it.

TBH I can't see the B-pillar brace helping that much, the floor is already there providing stiffness!

G

Unregistered
Guys with the lower ones, how is ground clearance under the car with them on? Do they stick out much?
Pics with them installed would be nice ;)

i have those ralliart ones under my car :)
Both the red ralliart ones? so they go on togeather, pics pis pics

Where can you get the rear brace in the boot from and about how much are they?

VR-04-TT

1 AYC Bar
First Name
Paul
Drive
1999 Legnum Type S
I'm guessing you can't fit the rear strut brace one to galants?

G

Unregistered
Ive been interested in those lower arm bar's.

Having a look at the RALLIART thread you posted before it had this link to a site with part numbers for Ralliart gear.

Looking at this, the part numbers seem to be RAEC5401G1 and RAEC5402G1. But it would be worth double checking. Have any idea how much these would cost going through a local Mitsubishi Parts dealer?

Over at RHDJapan they have a couple of Cusco ones for sale.

Image1.jpg

Image1.jpg

I find the price of these to be pretty reasonable as well, ~$120 express shipped for the top one and ~$250 express shipped for the bottom one.

The ONLY doubt I have with these is (and the ralliart ones) is if they fit with aftermarket dump pipes ??

G

Unregistered
Guys with the lower ones, how is ground clearance under the car with them on? Do they stick out much?
Pics with them installed would be nice ;)

Both the red ralliart ones? so they go on togeather, pics pis pics

Where can you get the rear brace in the boot from and about how much are they?

both go on together the H brace sits closest to the front and the straight bar sits behind it..

paul for the galants a rear strut brace should fit you just need specific galant ones im guessing.

SiliconAngel

1 AYC Bar
First Name
SA, Trevor
Drive
'99 Legnum VR4 Black MT
Looking at this, the part numbers seem to be RAEC5401G1 and RAEC5402G1. But it would be worth double checking. Have any idea how much these would cost going through a local Mitsubishi Parts dealer?
I think you'd be better off talking to our man Dan in Japan ;) Buying parts through Mitsubishi Parts in Australia is stupidly expensive...

G

Unregistered
I don't think mitsi can get these part numbers anymore, no longer available is what I was told (Penrith Mitsi), but who knows.

Great pic Trev, looks like thety all sit a bit low with those scrapes, looks good though.

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
I'll try get some pictures next time its in the air, but the K looking one is at the front, and the straight one is at the rear. My Galant also came with the adjustable ralliart struts and a ralliart badge on the boot xD I like to pretend its all factory lol

G

Unregistered
Legnumbootstrutbrace.jpg

Ive got one of these in the back of our legnum..

G

Unregistered
does anyone know where i can get front and rear braces from?
ive got a HJ 94' Galant iam sure the strutcture is the same as the VR4.

please shoot us an email at azaia01@hotmail.com if you want to sell or know of any1 .

cheerss

frozen

1 AYC Bar
Lifetime Member
First Name
Josh
Drive
1990 Mitsubishi GTO
Sorry i didnt post sooner, but here you go. Ralliart braces... and the reason its going to be hard to get front pipes :D

Attachments

• brace01.jpg
    brace01.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 84
  • brace02.jpg
    brace02.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 81
G

Unregistered
Anyone with prices on the cusco bars put them up so we can see who can get them the cheapest.

JRVR4

Leaving Skid Marks
First Name
Justin
Drive
2000 galant type V manual
first mod on my list (apart from new rear muff since mine is rusty) is a rear strut brace. Anyone reccomend a decent one/ can be self-installed or done cheaply?

G

Unregistered
yea its right in front of you on the cusco parts list I posted

508 541A or 508 511A or 535 541V which is the best one I think as its in the vacanza series.

Top Bottom